Why become a member? ×

So, this is Noise Rock.

musicbassman

Someone sent me this link.  This genre is described as 'Noise Rock'

I'm not going to pass comment, you might like it, you might not, but it's certainly interesting.

Band are Lightning Bolt, it's bass and drums only, the 'music' starts around 3.00... err - ish

The audience clearly love it, but I think the disco pills might help.

Not sure whether the two girls in red shorts launching themselves into the audience are part of the band or not, but, hey, whatever.

• Like 3

I like Lightening Bolt, own one album by them and would love to see them live.

Apparently they don't play on stage, but on the floor in the middle of the audience…. in this case surrounded by a barrier.

Apparently, for extra non-conformity they sometimes start their set within a few seconds of the support band finishing.

The line up is one guy on drums/vocals (vocals are into an old fashioned telephone stuck to mask which he wears) and one guy on Bass (G string replaced by a banjo string).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

The line up is one guy on drums/vocals (vocals are into an old fashioned telephone stuck to mask which he wears) and one guy on Bass (G string replaced by a banjo string).

How does he get the Banjo string to stay on the bass? Aren’t Banjos a lot shorter than a bass?

5 hours ago, musicbassman said:

Someone sent me this link.  This genre is described as 'Noise Rock'

I'm not going to pass comment, you might like it, you might not, but it's certainly interesting.

Band are Lightning Bolt, it's bass and drums only, the 'music' starts around 3.00... err - ish

The audience clearly love it, but I think the disco pills might help.

Not sure whether the two girls in red shorts launching themselves into the audience are part of the band or not, but, hey, whatever.

Good energy, great crowd involvement. Seen (and played) worse!

• Like 2

Seen lightning bolt live three times in my life, each one louder than the last. Noise rock is about as useful a term as rock itself - it´s applied so liberally to bands that are so different to each other that it doesn´t hold much weight as a genre. Sonic youth, shellac, the jesus lizard, there´s far more digestable entries in the canon, and then something like the locust, which makes lighting bolt look like baby shark...

Personally I´ve always thought of lightning bolt as a really really loud jazz band that get stuck in a 30 second time loop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1