Why become a member? ×

Does anyone own this ACG 6 string bass

GreeneKing

1 hour ago, Lucius1756 said:

Hello everybody,

I decided to write in here to put your minds at ease and provide a bit more background.

I am the bloke that bought the Bass from Steve in January. Sadly, because I do not check forums frequently, nor do I pay much attention to Facebook, I was unaware of the search for the lovely ACG.

Yesterday, I received an email from Steve's mail account from his wife. I imagine, because she was not able to find the instrument, she took a shot and wrote to Steve's old students, explaining the situation and also giving the sad news (which I was not aware either). 

To tackle some of the speculations on this thread, I'll try to answer as many as I can:

1. Steve was the one that sold it to me, not his wife. And this was due to the instrument becoming too heavy for his health at the moment. He had the intention to commission a new build with the money from the sale. He absolutely loved that bass, but as I said, it had become very difficult for him to even play it at home, and thus, decided to part ways to commission something lighter. And now, its his wife who is trying to reunite with the instrument because of the sentimental value attached to it.

2. I do love that bass, and was not looking to sell it. Its craftmanship is second to none in my opinion and I couldn't be happier. But given the circumstances, there is only right thing to do here (at least in my mind, there is only one choice to make). 

3. There was no haggle, no bartering, no profits to be had. We immediately decided to simply reverse the original operation. We are just coordinating the actual drop off, which should take place in the next few days (or, worst case scenario, we'll meet up on Saturday).

4. I haven't reach out to Alan (well... I actually did some months back, to ask some questions about the instrument when I got it, which he answered most graciously, even if I was not the original owner). But I haven't reach out to Alan to discuss any discounts on any future instruments. I won't say no to one though, since now I'm a 6 strings short. But then again, this has no bearing in reuniting the bass with Steve's family.

Hopefully this will bring some clarity to the situation and some peace of mind to those helping locate the instrument. It has been heart warming to see how closely knit the bass community is. Couldn't be more proud of being a part of it.  I will pop up later by the FB post (if I can find them) to leave a similar update on the matter.

Any other doubts, more than happy to answer.

Cheers!

Agustin

Absolutely brilliant.