mrbassman_de

Fodera Matt Garrison Signature 5 Chestnut Top - SOLD
£7100
Duesseldorf / Germany

Update by Jan 1st: Buyer‘s from within UK should be aware that for imports from EU to UK since Jan 1st the UK VAT will be applicable. This VAT has to be paid by the UK buyer once the goods are crossing the borders. Note: As a private seller in EU I can not reduce the price for second hand goods as VAT has never been included in the price.

This is the original Matt Garrison Signature 5 model in top condition !

Specs:

Amazing Chestnut Burl Top
5pc Ash Neck, 33"
Walnut Body
Chestnut Tone Block
Chestnut Ramp (curved)
Ebony Board
19mm spacing
Newer (post 2009) Pope preamp with all the jumpers
Aguilar DCB5 pickups (original Seymour Duncan Duals shown in the pics will come with the bass !)
Weight 4.9 kg
Original Fodera HC

Everything works fine, technically and aesthetically top ! The Aguilars provide a more aggressive timbre compared to the Duncans. I personally like that Aguilar sound - consider Janek Gwizdalas Fodera which is also a 33" with Aguilars.

The Aguilars are not splittable so the Single/Parallel Switch is now a kill switch. The other switches are active/passive and a frequency selector for the EQ.

Asking 7900 EUR (approx. 7100 GBP today) plus shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany.

Edited by mrbassman_de
  • Like 12

Pretty sure this used to be mine - a very nice bass and my favourite of the Fodera shapes.  From memory, I picked it up in Glasgow around 2010?  Balances well and easy to play (it was only the width of the board that led to the sale).  The chestnut top is lovely 

Love the top...expect to see a few more customs using Chestnut facings.

12 hours ago, cigir said:

Is it adjustable? For ex; 18 or 17 mm

I'm sure that the seller will come along with a definitive answer.  I sold this bass around 6 or 7 years ago and I'm pretty sure that the spacing is adjustable.  My decision to sell was based partially on the width of the board, though it's all down to personal preference, of course.  I prefer skinny, narrow, (and more recently) short-scale necks

Edited by three

Just now, three said:

I'm sure that the seller will come along with a definitive answer.  I sold this bass around 6 or 7 years ago and I'm pretty sure that the spacing is adjustable.  My decision to sell was based partially on the width of the board, though it's all down to personal preference, of course.  I prefer skinny, narrow, (and more recently) short-scale necks

thank you very much man for the information. appreciate that! 🤩

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cigir said:

Is it adjustable? For ex; 18 or 17 mm

As always with Foderas you can trim the spacing to some degree. So I would say about +/- 0,5mm per String. 18mm for all strings may work, but that's definitely the limit. That would be -2mm on the outer 2 spacings and currently there is not so much space.

Some players think that a variable string spacing of +/- 1 mm per string means, that you can get a 18mm spacing out of 19mm standard. That's not true because the outer strings have to move 2mm then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrbassman_de said:

As always with Foderas you can trim the spacing to some degree. So I would say about +/- 0,5mm per String. 18mm for all strings may work, but that's definitely the limit. That would be -2mm on the outer 2 spacings and currently there is not so much space.

Some players think that a variable string spacing of +/- 1 mm per string means, that you can get a 18mm spacing out of 19mm standard. That's not true because the outer strings have to move 2mm then.

👌

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By davidak
      Up for sale is this wonderful Fodera Monarch Elite 4. Very rare Elite model (top of the line) and especially in 4 string version. Bass is absolute beauty, plays and sounds fantastic as you would expect from Elite Fodera.
      Specs:
      - Mahogany body
      - Alder tone block
      - Curly walnut top - nearly magical pattern to look at
      - Ebony fingerboard
      - Abalone blocks/inlays
      - Duncan Dual Coils
      - Pope Electronics
      - Comes from "golden" era of Fodera, when everything was done exclusively by Vinny

Bass is in perfect condition, everything is original. 

Shipped from Czech Republic and shipping is included in the price, UK buyers please PM me and we manage postBrexit conditions somehow.
      6350€ or whatever equivalent in GBP.

• By brucethebassplayer1
      NEW PRICE £6250
      A Fodera Monarch Deluxe made in October 2014, in stunning condition with deluxe case.
      https://fodera.smugmug.com/Newborn-Gallery-Vol-IV/Newborn-962/
      Featuring the same tone wood and pickup combination as the Victor Wooten Classic: A Mahogany body, Indian Rosewood fingerboard, and EMG P/J’s. "This bass delivers a rich, articulate tone with deep, warm lows, clear, bell-like highs, and an overall modern vibe".

This bass also features a dark Buckeye Burl top with lost of dark, intricate figure, as well as tulip inlays at the 12th and 24th frets!
      SPEC:
      Body Woods
      • Monarch
      • Mahogany Body
      • No Tone Block
      • Buckeye Burl Top (Solid)

Neck Woods
      • Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
      • 3-pc. Hard Rock Maple
      • Mother-of-Pearl Dot Inlays w/ Tulips on 12th and 24th frets

Construction Specs
      • Birth Date - October 2014
      • Dovetail Construction
      • 34" Scale Length
      • 4 String Configuration (19.0mm Spacing)
      • 24 Frets (Large)

Electronics Options
      • Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
      • EMG P / J Pickups
      • Monarch Control Layout

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

WOOD & TRONICS Zoid 5 (to me their best design), naturally reliced : some pay huge amounts for this by 7ender, here it's free ! 

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1599 GBP !!! A new one would cost you at least twice the asking price if you order it today with the same specifications and a few months to get it.

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition, with some 13 years of use, but no abuse.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : swamp ash wings with quilted maple top (and magnetic electronics lid)
      Neck : 3 pieces flamed maple through neck
      Fingerboard : rosewood with brass dots on the side and abalone on the fretboard
      Frets : 24 mandolin frets in perfect condition
      Headstock : 3 + 2 with matched quilted maple top
      Pickups : Nordstrand DC 5 with switch (chrome) working for the both pickups together in parallel / single coil / series (so you have no strange sounds when blending them)
      Preamp : Aguilar OBP-3
      Controls : volume, balance, bass, mid with one switch (chrome) for the 400 / 800 Hz frequency, treble
      Tuners : Hipshot Licensed
      Bridge : original two parts Wood & Tronics (ETS)
      Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm
      Nut : brass
      Strings spacing at nut : 10 mm
      Knobs : original metal
      Scale : 34 inches
      Hardware colour : gold except the switches and the output jack, which are chrome
      Truss rod : one (real Fodera)
      Finish : light gloss
      Land of craftsmanship : Italy
      Serial number : unknown
      Year : 2007
      Weight : 3.905 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with an unbranded hard case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with a new battery and a (now used) set of Fodera Nickel strings (45 - 65 - 85 -105 - 135).

Early hollowed model à la Fodera, totally hand made (look at the lid), with that sweet and detailed sound typical from that period. Lots of wear and a few dings for this player, but don't be afraid, everything is working fine without any electronics scratches (except the usual Aguilar crack when switching the mids) and no hidden issues... The price asked reflects that condition.

Link to the old Wood & Tronics page : ZOID Custom Variations Wood & Tronics (wtbasses.net)

Here a video by Enrico PASINI himself to give you an idea of how a Zoid 5 can sound :

And another one, made by Arnaud MORIN aka @tournesol74 (33 inches scale, ebony fretboard and different pickups, but the "sound" of the Zoid 5 is there) :

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken at different angles to see the real condition, the wear and dents. Absolutely no real damage, only wear of time and playing !

All the 36 photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_xP_ULUN5NmnkamMIseIWb2Gd53RhFDX?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

Superb looking, playing and sounding WARRIOR Dran Michael 4 (DM4) Custom Neck Through Signature with loads of options like wider strings spacing, inlays and higher grade woods.

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £2299 GBP !!! Todays price for a similar bass with all the options : at least $8000 USD or around £6000 GBP !

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra huge customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : 2 wings of swamp ash (DM selected high grade woods)
      Top : holographic highly flamed maple (DM selected high grade woods)
      Neck : 3 pieces through neck with holographic highly flamed maple (DM selected high grade woods)
      Fingerboard : holographic birdseye maple (DM selected high quality woods) with mother of pearl birds inlays, mother of pearl sword inlay and mother of pearl "2005" inlay on the side (black side dots seem to have been added afterwards as there are traces of mother of pearl dots or it's been chosen by the original owner. It is also signed at the back of the headstock by ... Marcus MILLER)
      Frets : 24 in stainless steel
      Headstock : 2 + 2 with flamed maple top and mother of pearl inlays
      Pickups :  2 Warrior/Bartolini humbuckers (Jazz in bridge position and Fatboy in neck position)
      Preamp : Warrior/Bartolini NTMB-918F 3 bands EQ (18 Volts)
      Controls : volume, blend, mids (active/passive switch), stacked treble and bass plus 3 positions switch for the mids frequency (Neutrik locking jack)
      Tuners : Warrior/Gotoh
      Bridge : brass Warrior/Hipshot A Style
      Strings spacing at bridge : 22 mm (adjustable)
      Nut : bone
      Strings spacing at nut : 12 mm
      Knobs : original metal with mother of pearl inlays dome
      Scale : 34 inches
      Hardware colour : gold and you'll get the Dunlop Straplok® flush mount 24 KT gold that you can see in the case pocket
      Truss rod : one fully working
      Finish : high gloss trans orange-stain (see hand writing in the neck pickup cavity) and hand rubbed “Anointed Oil” for the neck
      Land of craftsmanship : USA
      Serial number : 04 852
      Year : 2005
      Weight : 3.785 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original unbranded fake crocodile skin hard case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with two new batteries and a (now used) set of D'Addario Nickel EXL165 strings (45 - 65 - 85 -105).

A bass in the league of Fodera and the likes. A true high end bass.

Link to the old Warrior page : Dran Michael Warrior Bass - Hand Crafted Basses - Custom Bass Guitar - Boutique Bass

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken at different angles and under different lights to try to capture the real colour to see the real condition, which show only some little wear with a very few dings, crazy slapper scratches and other light scratches (no rear heavy marks or scratches), the most obvious mark being under the control cavity where the bass is left on a stand. The pickups are marked too, particularly the neck pickup under the E string as they were too close to the strings...

All the 46 photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-efgenTb8UL6FvPLirgy9xZnCUKtiw0K?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more
    • By BimmerNL
      For Sale (First Owner)
      a Fodera Flamed Redwood Elite 6 string bass guitar (2014) with Imperial body shape. Dual Seymour Duncan pickups with matching Flamed Redwood covers.
      For more info about the technical specs look at Fodera:
      https://fodera.smugmug.com/Newborn-Gallery-Vol-III/Newborn-855/

The bass is technically in perfect condition has only on the heel of the neck some lacquer damage due to a small accident. (Only Cosmetically)  See photo.
      Comes with original hard shell case, tools and candy.

Price 7500 GBP or 8500 Euro + shipment from the Netherlands