Why become a member? ×

Fodera Matt Garrison Signature 5 Chestnut Top - SOLD
£7100
Duesseldorf / Germany

mrbassman_de

Update by Jan 1st: Buyer‘s from within UK should be aware that for imports from EU to UK since Jan 1st the UK VAT will be applicable. This VAT has to be paid by the UK buyer once the goods are crossing the borders. Note: As a private seller in EU I can not reduce the price for second hand goods as VAT has never been included in the price.

This is the original Matt Garrison Signature 5 model in top condition !

Specs:

Amazing Chestnut Burl Top
5pc Ash Neck, 33"
Walnut Body
Chestnut Tone Block
Chestnut Ramp (curved)
Ebony Board
19mm spacing
Newer (post 2009) Pope preamp with all the jumpers
Aguilar DCB5 pickups (original Seymour Duncan Duals shown in the pics will come with the bass !)
Weight 4.9 kg
Original Fodera HC

Everything works fine, technically and aesthetically top ! The Aguilars provide a more aggressive timbre compared to the Duncans. I personally like that Aguilar sound - consider Janek Gwizdalas Fodera which is also a 33" with Aguilars.

The Aguilars are not splittable so the Single/Parallel Switch is now a kill switch. The other switches are active/passive and a frequency selector for the EQ.

Asking 7900 EUR (approx. 7100 GBP today) plus shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany.

Edited by mrbassman_de
  • Like 12

Pretty sure this used to be mine - a very nice bass and my favourite of the Fodera shapes.  From memory, I picked it up in Glasgow around 2010?  Balances well and easy to play (it was only the width of the board that led to the sale).  The chestnut top is lovely 

12 hours ago, cigir said:

Is it adjustable? For ex; 18 or 17 mm

I'm sure that the seller will come along with a definitive answer.  I sold this bass around 6 or 7 years ago and I'm pretty sure that the spacing is adjustable.  My decision to sell was based partially on the width of the board, though it's all down to personal preference, of course.  I prefer skinny, narrow, (and more recently) short-scale necks

Edited by three

Just now, three said:

I'm sure that the seller will come along with a definitive answer.  I sold this bass around 6 or 7 years ago and I'm pretty sure that the spacing is adjustable.  My decision to sell was based partially on the width of the board, though it's all down to personal preference, of course.  I prefer skinny, narrow, (and more recently) short-scale necks

thank you very much man for the information. appreciate that! 🤩

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cigir said:

Is it adjustable? For ex; 18 or 17 mm

As always with Foderas you can trim the spacing to some degree. So I would say about +/- 0,5mm per String. 18mm for all strings may work, but that's definitely the limit. That would be -2mm on the outer 2 spacings and currently there is not so much space.

Some players think that a variable string spacing of +/- 1 mm per string means, that you can get a 18mm spacing out of 19mm standard. That's not true because the outer strings have to move 2mm then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrbassman_de said:

As always with Foderas you can trim the spacing to some degree. So I would say about +/- 0,5mm per String. 18mm for all strings may work, but that's definitely the limit. That would be -2mm on the outer 2 spacings and currently there is not so much space.

Some players think that a variable string spacing of +/- 1 mm per string means, that you can get a 18mm spacing out of 19mm standard. That's not true because the outer strings have to move 2mm then.

👌