Why become a member? ×

Karnivool is coming to the UK!!!

Eldon Tyrell

Great news and another good reason for a Covid vaccine to be released soon. One of my favourite bands, Karnivool, is touring the UK in September.

Sep 25 2021, Sat 18:00 - O2 Institute Birmingham - Birmingham

Sep 26 2021, Sun 19:00, Stylus – Leeds

Sep 27, 2021, Mon 19:00, Glasgow Garage – Glasgow

Sep 29 2021, Wed 19:30, Manchester Academy 2 –  Manchester

Sep 30 2021, Thu 19:00, O2 Forum Kentish Town – London

Oct 01 2021, Fri 18:30, SWX –  Bristol

Tickets are available here: https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/1409361

I got a ticket for the show in London! Last time I went to the o2 Forum KT, back in June last year, I saw STP. Happy days 😎

Yes, that's why the Darkglass pedal is called Alpha Omega (Ultra) 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thodrik said:

I will be going to Glasgow show I think. Pending the obvious...

Hopefully they have a new album out by then. It has been about 7 years since the last one.

Yes, really hope so. The tour is called "The Regeneration Tour". Let's hope that this is the name of the new album. 8 years (if released in 2021) is a very long time, but, hey it took Tool 13 years, so maybe we all should just be a bit more patient 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Yes, really hope so. The tour is called "The Regeneration Tour". Let's hope that this is the name of the new album. 8 years (if released in 2021) is a very long time, but, hey it took Tool 13 years, so maybe we all should just be a bit more patient 😎

But I want it nooooooooow!! 😫

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ped said:

I really liked the second album, but found the third really hard to listen to!

Yes, the third one is a bit more difficult to get into. However, it still does have some great songs such as "We are", "Aeons", "Sky Machine", "Alpha Omega" and "Eidolon".

I especially like this version of "We are" (starts at 1:12):

• Thanks 3

I Love Karnivool.  Superbly tight rhythm section, Jon Stockman's tone is one of the best fitting sounds at present in the hard rock  / metal genre for my money.

The man himself has some good Youtube play alongs  - mainly advertising Darkglass gear.

My current go to sound is based around the Jon Stockman patch for the Hx Stomp from Jon Willis, Dr Tone Secret Helix Lab.

Tempted to get a ticket myself.......

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 06/12/2020 at 13:06, Dood said:

A band like Vola would be amazing

Maybe fellow Perth proggers Voyager? They're fantastic. They also nearly represented Australia in Eurovision last year!

They have a brilliant bass player in Alex Canion too. Gets awesome tones out of his Mayones basses. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Russ said:

Maybe fellow Perth proggers Voyager? They're fantastic. They also nearly represented Australia in Eurovision last year!

They have a brilliant bass player in Alex Canion too. Gets awesome tones out of his Mayones basses. 

Interesting that you mention Voyager as in all the years they have been around and in all the albums they have released, I only learned about them a few weeks ago - and I love 'em!!!! Brilliant. Dead Letter Circus, Karnivool, Soen, Voyager, VOLA - I really like the big atmospherics and melodies with chunky guitar carnage underneath. Which of course means Devin Townsend gets a mention. I've a massive soft spot of David Maxim Micic, absolutely brilliant. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Russ said:

Oh man, that would be immense!!! 😎😁

EDIT: I'd never heard of Dead Letter Circus. I have now - just checked them out.  Great stuff! Thanks! 😁

Edited by odysseus

31 minutes ago, odysseus said:

Oh man, that would be immense!!! 😎😁

EDIT: I'd never heard of Dead Letter Circus. I have now - just checked them out.  Great stuff! Thanks! 😁

Yes, Dead Letter Circus are pretty good too. Oz has so many amazing (prog) bands, maybe I should move there?

• Like 1