Why become a member? ×

NAD Trace Elf 1x10 Combo

jimbartlett

On 12/12/2020 at 04:50, bazzbass said:

I agree, I have the Elf and two 10" cabs. The Elf sits in it's recessed space, why the heck would you want the combo?

I'd rather they work on a 500w Elf head......

if you take a combo to a gig you haven't forgotten to take the head. Which I have done.

If you take a combo to a gig you haven't forgotten to take the cab. Which I have done.

If you take a combo to a gig you haven't forgotten to take the speaker cable. Which I have done.

But yes, a 500w Elf would be awesome :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

if you take a combo to a gig you haven't forgotten to take the head. Which I have done.

If you take a combo to a gig you haven't forgotten to take the cab. Which I have done.

If you take a combo to a gig you haven't forgotten to take the speaker cable. Which I have done.

Don't forget your bass, strap, signal lead, plectrum, and all other essentials too!

Oh, and the mains cable...

5 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

After having a Markbass head die on me on a gig, I always take a spare head.  That's not so easy with most combos.  That's the reason I moved exclusively to head and cab.

I know you could argue that you should take a spare for everything, but it seems to me that the most likely big money item to fail, is your amp.  I always have spare cables, strings, batteries.  If it's a wedding or other important gig, I do take spare everything though.

Frank.

12 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

wow you must smoke way more wacky backy than I do to have such a bad memory lol, but it's impossible to smoke more than I do.....

• Haha 2