Why become a member? ×

Indie IB-200 Bass Combo?

namefail

Picked this up recently cause it was cheap af and my Ashdown combo wasn't doing it for me any more. The brand is Indie, model IB-200. 200 watts with a 15 inch speaker. It's a rather growly sounding beast with very effective tone controls. 

I've tried to find information about it online to no avail. Well thee is a web site but its a waste of time.

All said I'm very pleased with my £85 investment and can't wait to crack it up but even with the volume at 3 and gain a 5 it rattles my windows.
Do any of you guys have any experience with the brand or this amp? Apparently they made nice guitars and that's all I know. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread. :biggrin:

128117196_10157634611081892_5740680244429880378_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=vmwm1WC3NUcAX-F4_up&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=91b7b5bee337baec47c7e3ab147e52be&oe=5FE82897

On 01/12/2020 at 13:54, abarson said:

Hey @agedhorse

You're over here too? How do you find the time?

In between plotting out CAD drawings. No more touring shows (or even local live shows) these days, so this is about as close to "the road" as it's going to get for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by agedhorse
  • Like 1

On 29/11/2020 at 02:03, namefail said:

Do any of you guys have any experience with the brand or this amp? Apparently they made nice guitars and that's all I know. 

I seem to recall that the company was originally set up in the UK selling guitars, basses and amp/combos - even strings......maybe in the 2000 - 2008 period. Then things went quiet and the brand resurfaced, then based in Canada. Not sure if it was the same management. The design philosophy on the guitars included quite a few with RAF-type roundels on them. I think everything was manufactured in the far-east, me thinks Korea in the beginning.

And in the best "cart before horse" fashion I then googled the brand and found this: https://www.indiegitar.no/about.htm

Edited by BlueMoon
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2020 at 19:38, BlueMoon said:

I seem to recall that the company was originally set up in the UK selling guitars, basses and amp/combos - even strings......maybe in the 2000 - 2008 period. Then things went quiet and the brand resurfaced, then based in Canada. Not sure if it was the same management. The design philosophy on the guitars included quite a few with RAF-type roundels on them. I think everything was manufactured in the far-east, me thinks Korea in the beginning.

And in the best "cart before horse" fashion I then googled the brand and found this: https://www.indiegitar.no/about.htm

Cheers BlueMoon, I found that website too. interesting to hear they were formed around  2000 for some reason I thought they were older.

16 hours ago, namefail said:

Cheers BlueMoon, I found that website too. interesting to hear they were formed around  2000 for some reason I thought they were older.

The company behind the product itself is an older, established firm. Indie was a brand that this company manufactured, the guitars were actually quite high quality.