Why become a member? ×

Another milestone

Happy Jack

An original on which I contributed the bassline and BVs was played this afternoon on the radio.

OK, it was internet radio being broadcast from someone's back bedroom somewhere ... we're not talking Radio 2 or Capital here.

But it remains my first ever radio broadcast.

Box ticked.

Next up? Television. 9_9😂

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

An original on which I contributed the bassline and BVs was played this afternoon on the radio.

OK, it was internet radio being broadcast from someone's back bedroom somewhere ... we're not talking Radio 2 or Capital here.

Box ticked.

Internet radio is the future, apparently. So who knows where it may lead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Box ticked.

I'd be happy with that. Must still be a great buzz. My last band had a feature on a small local online news site and I thought I was a rock star! 😂

• Like 3

I remember vividly the thrill of hearing Tommy Vance reading out my name on The Friday Rock Show when I did a session for them in 1981. What I never realised at the time, when I was 17, was that this would probably be the highlight of my career 😂

Edited by Bilbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I remember vividly the thrill of hearing Tommy Vance reading out my name on The Friday Rock Show when I did a session for them in 1981. What I never realised at the time, when I was 17, was that this would probably be the highlight of my career 😂

Ah, the Friday Rock Show, seems a million years ago :(

• Like 1

Back in about 2013, I learned that my band All The Queens Ravens was going to be played on BBC Radio on the Gary Crowley show. So Iined up my family, parents, pals etc to listen. GC played the track and then read out the old line-up with the name of the previous bassist ... 🙄

Edited by Clarky

1 minute ago, Clarky said:

Back in about 2013, I learned that my band All The Queens Ravens was going to be played on BBC Radio on the Gary Crowley show. So Iined up my family, parents, pals etc to listen. GC played the track and then read out the old line-up with the name of the previous bassist ... 🙄

Nooooooooo :(

The nearest I have come was that my blues rock trio were invited to play at the Stowblues Festival this year, an event organised partly by BBC Radio Suffolk and the gig was to be recorded and broadcast.  Hopefully next year! 

I've been on the tele with my garden a couple of times, mind :) 

• Like 1

We (The Daub'z...) played, once again, at our village summer 'Fete de la Musique', and earned ourselves an laudatory write-up from an i-news scribbler, in which mention was made of the drummer (me...) having once been one of the Dïck Rivers group of musicians..! No idea where this idea came from (perhaps my age :$ ..?), but I felt strangely flattered. -_-

I had a PPL cheque for a whopping £1.70 this summer so somewhere at some point someone is playing something i worked on.... 

Last time i did a live broadcast for Radio 2 things couldn't have gone more wrong, glad those are wiped from the iplayer now! 

The producers of Midsomer Murders wanted our band for filming some village fete scenes. I declined because I didn’t want to become yet another murder victim.

Actually I couldn’t get away from my day job but the above is a better story.

Edited by bassace
  • Haha 3