Why become a member? ×

FS: Barefaced Super Twin plus Barefaced cover **SOLD**
£800
CANTERBURY

Beedster

Bought from Barefaced in October 2019, gigged twice, rehearsed perhaps 10 times before lockdown, and not used since February this year courtesy COVID. Hard to know what the post-COVID gigging landscape will look like but I think I'm going to move back to Mesa heads and cabs (I'm going to move on my SVT-II also). I can post this, it will be very well packaged. 

Details are here https://barefacedbass.com/product-range/Super-Twin.htm the cab's in my studio at present, I'll dig it out today and take photos of the unit itself. 

Would consider PX for a Mesa 1x15 or 2x12 with cash adjustment depending on the cab. I quite like the old Road Ready series to be honest :)

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Browning said:

Do check out the Subways. My 2 15" cabs are every bit the equal of the Diesel 2x15 they replaced.

GLWTS

Got my eyes on a couple already Steve, thanks.

Chris

PS don't know any Mesa endorsees who could help me out do you :)

9 hours ago, machinehead said:

These are simply superb cabs.  I can't believe you're selling it because the manufacturer made a basschat post that upset you. 🤣

Get in there buyers.  These are as good as it gets.  GLWTS beedster. :)

Frank.

Hi Frank, I'm selling for quite a few reasons to be honest, money's a bit tight, no gigs obviously and no rehearsals since February. Yes, Alex and I have had something of a public disagreement and perhaps I'm less well disposed to BF on that basis, but ultimately despite the fact that this cab is extremely good in audio and usability terms (sounds great and is a one hand lift), I think that much like my amplification, I prefer using something a bit older and heavier. I doubt I'll replace this until COVID is well out of the way - during which time a few hundred extra quid in the bank will be helpful - and when I do it'll probably be an old Mesa Road Ready or Powerhouse series cab, I just feel at home with that gear in a way that I never really have with lightweight. My therapist is as confused as am I :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Hi Frank, I'm selling for quite a few reasons to be honest, money's a bit tight, no gigs obviously and no rehearsals since February. Yes, Alex and I have had something of a public disagreement and perhaps I'm less well disposed to BF on that basis, but ultimately despite the fact that this cab is extremely good in audio and usability terms (sounds great and is a one hand lift), I think that much like my amplification, I prefer using something a bit older and heavier. I doubt I'll replace this until COVID is well out of the way - during which time a few hundred extra quid in the bank will be helpful - and when I do it'll probably be an old Mesa Road Ready or Powerhouse series cab, I just feel at home with that gear in a way that I never really have with lightweight. My therapist is as confused as am I :) 

I get ya, I have 2 Big Twins and they’re amazing, but the mega heavy Ashdown 6x10 is a different beast. Not just in weight ( in a flight case too ) it sounds amazing and old school valves with the CTM300 head.

Anyway great cabs and seller GLWTS dude 🤘

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oldman said:

It’s not difficult to get on the wrong side of a single minded manufacturer 🤔

C'est la vie :)

Anyway, as many people will tell you here, this is an amazing cab in just left the factory condition that I'd like to move on quite quickly so I'm happy to talk cash offers. 

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Beedster said:

I know what you mean exactly though.  I love old motorcycles and cars, old aircraft, boats and ships, old watches, old Fender guitar amps, and much more.

Strangely, given the above, I'm also happy when technology and good engineering offer an improvement.  (Hence my love of Barefaced cabs.) Even so, it doesn't stop me enjoying the history and beauty of all kinds of old things.

To anyone considering buying this cab I think I'm safe in saying, you won't be disappointed.

Frank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• MB1 locked this topic