Why become a member? ×

Gig date push-backs

Nail Soup

I had a notification yesterday that a gig I'm going to has been pushed back from Jan 2021  to Jan 2022?

1728930322_PorridgeRadio.png.60cb1d60220a1dd4a8ceafa2c598c9df.png

Jan 2021 was the original date (no previous push backs) and they only scheduled the show a couple of months ago - I guess they thought Jan 2021 was far enough out!

How far have your gigs (as musician or audience) been pushed out?

Aerosmith, Faith No More, Geoff Tate, Hardline, Alanis Morissette, Dita von Teese, Scott Bradlee's PMJ and several others I can't remember all pushed back by 12 months.

Ozzy pushed back twice (or three times?)...first one wasn't due to Covid though. No idea if this will even happen, I think this was a 2019 show initially.

Mrs Beedster promotes stage and music events and everything is being cancelled a long way out now, to the point that her main job at present is refunding ticket sales. There’s a real sense of anger that well stage-managed productions with rigorous SD protocols for significantly smaller audience numbers can’t go ahead whilst nail salons, gyms and the like remain open :(

• Like 1

I got tickets to see Therapy? in March. Then it was September, then March '21 and now September '21.

Still, at least there's a date and a venue. Machine Head were pushed back and then cancelled.

Ozzy I think is now January '22. I suspect l'll ask for a refund on that one, I was only going for Judas Priest really.

Eagles at Wembley, was supposed to be August just gone, but was rescheduled for August 2021.

I'm not overly fussed about them but it was a present for my wife so I booked a really nice hotel for the Saturday and Sunday night as it's the Bank Holiday weekend. Luckily the hotel let us change the booking to 2021 with no change in price. Whether it will still go ahead remains to be seen. 

5 hours ago, Beedster said:

Mrs Beedster promotes stage and music events and everything is being cancelled a long way out now, to the point that her main job at present is refunding ticket sales.

I've a handful of gig and theatre tickets paid for now which keep getting pushed out.

As a way to support the entertainment business, I'm not asking for refunds and still booking new tickets as if they would go ahead. If I lost my job due to Covid or something I may not be able to continue that policy.

Fingers crossed and really looking forward to seeing my backlog eventually :).

3 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

As a way to support the entertainment business, I'm not asking for refunds and still booking new tickets as if they would go ahead. If I lost my job due to Covid or something I may not be able to continue that policy.

I'm the same, but it's a luxury that could be too much for many as you suggest.

I went to an event that Mrs Beedster promoted a while back, lights go down, and I could not believe how many people immediately took off their masks, and some even moved to sit closer to other people. It's hell for promoters because despite the lengths they go to to ensure the safety of performers and audience alike, so many people simply don't give a flying flip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

I'm the same, but it's a luxury that could be too much for many as you suggest.

I went to an event that Mrs Beedster promoted a while back, lights go down, and I could not believe how many people immediately took off their masks, and some even moved to sit closer to other people. It's hell for promoters because despite the lengths they go to to ensure the safety of performers and audience alike, so many people simply don't give a flying flip

I think that’s the main issue, whilst people have the option to break the rules they will, the only way to remain safe until all this ends is to remove the option.