Why become a member? ×

FOUND: Lost Peavey Cirrus 5 String Bass American Red Oak Serial 51142105

PunkPonyPrincess

Sadly a bass I sold on Basschat to its buyer in Belgium never made it to its destination so its been declared lost by Interparcel (it was via Parcelforce/GLS and it went missing in Belgium in the Nessonvaux region about the 19th Nov.  It was inside a flightcase itself shipped in a screwed down anonymous looking crate with insurance (but these shipping companies always try and wriggle out of insurance commitments where they can) and I will come out the worse for it, but that’s that. I have since refunded the buyer and I await the shipping company to process my claim.

Anyway these are unusual basses and its in a crate, in a flightcase and is stickered with the serial number, so HMU here or in email to [email protected] if it surfaces.

Its the one listed in the advert attached

8D65AB60-646F-40EE-8E0C-490D7D86AB09.thumb.jpeg.2fd6cbe92d5f60d69c5e1d47ba24c18d.jpeg

Edited by PunkPonyPrincess
  • Sad 10

It was Interparcel who sold the shipping. The pickup was Parcelforce who got it to Belgium and the rest was GLS (which was where it went awry). All my basses I have shipped in crates including a fretless PJ Ash I made to Belgium in the same shipment was fine and arrived without hiccup. It happened to be the posh one that had problems.

I take an insane amount of care in crating even the lowliest of basses. I wouldn’t know what to say to a CEO.

EAB23545-345F-4C0B-B711-6875652E1971.jpeg.72b5c30be40979a7ba065516fb682226.jpeg

16 hours ago, thebassist said:

Sorry to read this.

I had to submit two claims with Interparcel over the past two years. They were very easy to work with, very responsive and reimbursed me the full value of the insurance I paid for on both occasions so I hope you have the same experience.

That has been my experience with Interparcel also, hope this gets resolved either way 

It has suddenly appeared and is currently being prepared for delivery. After I refunded the buyer, of course. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I have asked them if they want the bass to check it has not been opened before signing for it.

Nail biting times here.

Mon 30th Nov 08:05 Prepared for delivery Delivery Agent - BELGIUM
Thu 19th Nov 00:49 Tracked in destination country Delivery Agent - BELGIUM
Wed 18th Nov 01:24 Tracked in destination country Delivery Agent - BELGIUM
Tue 17th Nov 16:17 Tracked in destination country Delivery Agent - BELGIUM
Tue 17th Nov 01:33 Exported from the UK International Hub
Mon 16th Nov 17:09 On route to hub Carlisle Depot
Mon 16th Nov 14:21 Collected Carlisle Depot
Sat 14th Nov 18:15 Shipment has been booked Online
  • Like 1

I think your wooden crate parcel has been inspected, because it's totally unusual...

Good idea to ask Luc to check it out. You've been totally honest on your side, Luc will be too.

I also think that asking the reference number of the parcel to Interparcel pulled a trigger.

The buyer has been a dream buyer. I refunded them immediately the thing bass declared lost so its up to them if they want to accept the parcel.

Perhaps the awfully big CCed email explaining the situation and asking for more details I sent put a rocket under things?

Normally Inspection flags as “inspected” or “held” message doesn’t take it? Not just disappear with GLS telling Parcelforce it has disappeared. Its really odd — plus several parcels another Bass, that ash fretless PJ build went crated like this at the same time, as well as the JJ PJ Bass.  I do know some carriers like a card wrap around a wooden crate and I have been advised to never use black plastic for international shipping.

• Like 1

I like plastic wrap too. Some carriers say black wrap causes probs for inspection. Its mandatory for palletised ships.

I also sent my JJ build Bass build crated. Again, no probs. I think a crate is a good thing to make for all basses not just £1500+ vintage basses and technically the original flightcase it came with (with original price sticker) deserves shipping protection.

922D4EAF-CE90-4647-BC4A-FED443C70E92.jpeg

12mm Featherboard, 2-3mm ply, screws. It can be reused/upcycled/repurposed or turned to kindling. I feel bad about styrene though, looking into alternatives..

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Parcelforce should have given you copies of the label when they collected, when shipping abroad there will be the GLS label as well which should have the GLS reference on.

Awesome packaging 

Good luck with all this

Edited by Aidan63
spelling

They usually do, sadly I was not there for the pickup but my partner was not given one. Buyer has sent me a photo of the package arrived and the taped over screw holes remain unmolested.

With the data from the GLS and the Parcelforce stickers in the photo they sent me I can get a complete picture of the parcel and it sat in the local sorting office for 11 days — even though Interparcel said searches did not reveal it and declared it lost.

Fingers crossed for a happy ending. The buyer had been exceptionally patient throughout this entire process.

• Like 2

On 28/11/2020 at 10:32, pete.young said:

If it's any consolation, that's the best packaging for a musical instrument that I've ever seen, anywhere. You're up there with nuclear industry standards.

Indeed so, your moniker should be PunkPonyPrincessofProfessionalPacking

Anyway, good luck with recovering the bass!

• Like 1

I used to be “Punk Pony Princess Precociously Packing a Priceless Pink Precision”

...And its been declared found, paid for and no longer lost/stolen. I don’t have access to Facebook or Antisocial media so could those forces for good please update accordingly?

• Like 6