Why become a member? ×

Please, look after yourselves !

musicbassman

The type of accident occured to drummer I was gigging with some years ago. As I urgently went about the place looking for a stand in, he insisted on continuing to perform, despite having the use of only one arm,

I was somewhat sceptical to say the least, but he was sensational. Rock solid, plenty of groove but no fancy fills.

Edited by leroydiamond

On 29/11/2020 at 08:42, Beedster said:

Wood, as every bass player knows, is a very unpredictable substance! I made the same mistake cutting down a dying tree in our garden; what seemed a small branch came down like a ton of lead and pinned me to the ground. Comical, yes, dangerous, hell yes :(

I recall that in the aftermath of the October Hurricane at least one death and several injures were caused by inexperienced people trimming the tops of fallen trees, when they removed enough material the weight of the root balls then pulled the trees upright.

On 29/11/2020 at 10:14, leroydiamond said:

The type of accident occured to drummer I was gigging with some years ago. As I urgently went about the place looking for a stand in, he insisted on continuing to perform, despite having the use of only one arm,

I was somewhat sceptical to say the least, but he was sensational. Rock solid, plenty of groove but no fancy fills.

Rick Allen - nuff said?