Why become a member? ×

Jack Casady in New colours

AndyTravis

Considering how hip and trendy the Les Paul Signature basses are nowadays, I am a bit surprised Gibson haven't capitalised on the demand and made a full-tilt reissue of the original bass. If they did I  would probably  buy one, so would plenty of other bass players . These Epiphone basses are great, but it's always nice to have the real thing. 

Gibson have got a back-catalogue of mouth-watering instruments that guitar and bass enthusiasts would pay a lot of money for, if Gibson could make a decent quality product that was true to the original . Then they wouldn't need to go bankrupt. 

15 minutes ago, Misdee said:

Considering how hip and trendy the Les Paul Signature basses are nowadays, I am a bit surprised Gibson haven't capitalised on the demand and made a full-tilt reissue of the original bass. If they did I  would probably  buy one, so would plenty of other bass players . These Epiphone basses are great, but it's always nice to have the real thing. 

Gibson have got a back-catalogue of mouth-watering instruments that guitar and bass enthusiasts would pay a lot of money for, if Gibson could make a decent quality product that was true to the original . Then they wouldn't need to go bankrupt. 

Yeah. They could do one. They have a habit of almost getting it right...but not quite.

740E047C-E2DF-42E6-A8AF-EFC2EFA5E7A1.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Ooh. What improvement does this give you over the stock bridge?

Better adjustment on string to string height, also about 10mm more intonation travel...but I always feel that there’s a lot of body space and it’s a bit bigger.

Also, once it’s on - the bolts hold the bridge in place. The epi one will just fall off when you remove the strings.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Better adjustment on string to string height, also about 10mm more intonation travel...but I always feel that there’s a lot of body space and it’s a bit bigger.

Also, once it’s on - the bolts hold the bridge in place. The epi one will just fall off when you remove the strings.

Is there any sound difference or improvements?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spyder said:

Is there any sound difference or improvements?

Yeah, acoustically louder, more depth to sound - more robust.

need to do a full set up when new strings arrive.

also, weighs about 4 times more than standard 3 point, so alleviates the neck dive issue these basses are known for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Also those lugs at either side are a notorious failure point.