Why become a member? ×

Jack Casady in New colours

AndyTravis

30 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

On the colour - it’s mental, it’s about 50 shades of green and blue. The walnut stain back and sides are a lovely contrast.

079D17C7-F119-4E00-96E9-29AAF0CA6720.jpeg

4BDEE486-804B-4435-AD3C-D5EF4261A002.jpeg

I think that shade of Pelham blue is called gorgeous.....? 

What's the verdict with the knobs, are you going to change them over for a pair of amber top hats? I reckon it'd be a nice contrast and really want to put them on a daphne blue bitsa I'll get around to finishing (starting) one day 😂

4 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I think that shade of Pelham blue is called gorgeous.....? 

What's the verdict with the knobs, are you going to change them over for a pair of amber top hats? I reckon it'd be a nice contrast and really want to put them on a daphne blue bitsa I'll get around to finishing (starting) one day 😂

I’m going to change them. Just haven’t bought them yet 😉

First Video - bit ropey, I’ve possibly tweaked the bridge to be too low, so there’s a bit of rattle going on. I’m going to leave it now until the strings settle.

Second Vid - just seeing how viable it’ll be on some new ideas I’m sending the band. 

I’ve been doing these on my Spector so I have to remind myself the JC is a bit more agricultural 😂

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

First Video - bit ropey, I’ve possibly tweaked the bridge to be too low, so there’s a bit of rattle going on. I’m going to leave it now until the strings settle.

Second Vid - just seeing how viable it’ll be on some new ideas I’m sending the band. 

I’ve been doing these on my Spector so I have to remind myself the JC is a bit more agricultural 😂

I've been waiting all day for these

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PatrickJ said:

I've been waiting all day for these

Sorry mate. Kids have gone to Blackpool illuminations so I’ve got 5 minutes without Iris or Maggie climbing on my head...and Dan/Ella airdropping irrelevant teenage memes or Gifs.

”DID YOU SEE THAT ONE DAD...IT WAS WELL FUNNY” 🙄😂

• Haha 3

Just now, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I was watching a phenomenal clip of Hot Tuna earlier. Just to help convince myself that I need one, you understand. 

The wife commented on how much she liked the gold. I showed her the blue one and got a definite 'meh'. 

I miss my gold one - no lie. I will have another.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I was watching a phenomenal clip of Hot Tuna earlier. Just to help convince myself that I need one, you understand. 

The wife commented on how much she liked the gold. I showed her the blue one and got a definite 'meh'. 

It does have to be seen in person though, this is absolutely every bit as special as the first time I saw a gold one. Unbelievable basses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Mate, the bits played with a pick sound incredible. Have you got any effects going on there or is that just the bass growling away?

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2020 at 12:17, AndyTravis said:

My last Casady also suffered with pickup screw wobble, and I know of a few others - I will sort that. 

Mine has that same wobble so I'd be keen to know how you fix it. I was just going to wrap some thread seal tape around it, but I'd imagine thats the way to bodge it!! 

15 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Mine has that same wobble so I'd be keen to know how you fix it. I was just going to wrap some thread seal tape around it, but I'd imagine thats the way to bodge it!! 

Well, that’s what I did in my gold one. This however was just that someone hadn’t bothered to screw it in. Got to love that idiosyncratic Qc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1