Why become a member? ×

Jack Casady in New colours

AndyTravis

Looks like someone over on TB has beaten Epiphone to it and had theirs resprayed PB. The good news is the shade in the pic is a lot more accurate to what PB looks like in the flesh. 

The bad news is that it's gorgeous and may lead to some holes in wallets!

JACK CASADY BASS PLAYERS CLUB! | Page 46 | TalkBass.com

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Looks like someone over on TB has beaten Epiphone to it and had theirs resprayed PB. The good news is the shade in the pic is a lot more accurate to what PB looks like in the flesh. 

The bad news is that it's gorgeous and may lead to some holes in wallets!

JACK CASADY BASS PLAYERS CLUB! | Page 46 | TalkBass.com

Unless they are doing a version where a clear coat on top has yellowed slightly- similar to how lake placid blue can go turquoise on old basses

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Unless they are doing a version where a clear coat on top has yellowed slightly- similar to how lake placid blue can go turquoise on old basses

Unfortunately I don’t think they will be. Gibson only use nitro coats on Gibsons. Epiphones usually have poly finishes and most of the time they stay well clear of tinted yellow and it won’t naturally yellow with age either. 

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

True, I guess the only way we can really tell is if someone goes and buys one! Who will buckle first?!? 

The levels in the more turquoisey looking pic are all wrong though, so I'm guessing the thomann pic is likely the truer reflection. Hopefully it'll be a bit of a deeper shade in real life though.

9 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

The levels in the more turquoisey looking pic are all wrong though, so I'm guessing the thomann pic is likely the truer reflection.

Yeah, the colour is described as “faded” Pelham blue, so I’d say you’re correct. The first (Thomann) photo is likely what we’ll be getting. The later, more vibrant photo does look amazing though!

2 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Yeah, the colour is described as “faded” Pelham blue, so I’d say you’re correct. The first (Thomann) photo is likely what we’ll be getting. The later, more vibrant photo does look amazing though!

Ahh, good spot - I hadn't seen that on the Thomann site, so it looks like it'd be a more drab PB. 

Good news for my bank account 😂

• Haha 1