Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Machinist

Kev

I'll be video reviewing one of these fine lil beasts very soon. It's sat on my desk here at the moment!

Oh and another cool lil dude from Barefaced too, for another review!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, jassthebass said:

This popped up on youtube & is an interesting take on the pedal

I’d agree with @Dood’s (near) closing statement about it working well with the One10s; it really does sound bloody marvellous paired with them. I am using it for a variety of band situations now, I’m not sure how I would have achieved those things without this on the board :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

@Dood- nice review enjoyed that. Only thing I would say for future videos, for me, the speed at which you need to deliver your narrative bits need to be more akin to the pace you get if you playback the video at 1.25x. Can't argue with the content though.

It’s funny because I prefer Dan’s slower delivery to some of the more chipmunk type high energy reviews that come out.

I like to sit and watch it with a nice cuppa and relax.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

It’s funny because I prefer Dan’s slower delivery to some of the more chipmunk type high energy reviews that come out.

I like to sit and watch it with a nice cuppa and relax.

+1. Love Dan's vids for that exact reason.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@Dood what track is the riff from you are playing at the start of your review?  (It very much feels Rush, but I'm not familiar enough to pin the track down, if Rush is correct!)

Genuinely, I made it up on the spot. I spent longer writing the drums for it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dood said:

Genuinely, I made it up on the spot. I spent longer writing the drums for it.

If it was a Rush riff you would probably get a cease and desist communication from lawyers and it would be pulled from YouTube.

Great review BTW, keep it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this review of the pedal, so just need to justify spending £200+ on another drive pedal.   
I think this does look like a pedal for a tweaker.  I’m a bit simpler, just like to turn things on and off, so just hope it isn’t too complex to dial in a great tone. 

On 12/08/2021 at 13:51, Merton said:

I’d agree with @Dood’s (near) closing statement about it working well with the One10s; it really does sound bloody marvellous paired with them. I am using it for a variety of band situations now, I’m not sure how I would have achieved those things without this on the board :)

What settings are you using and configurations (od, od/clean, all in, etc.) for various tracks.  A few examples of your favourites would be great. 

39 minutes ago, garyt said:

What settings are you using and configurations (od, od/clean, all in, etc.) for various tracks.  A few examples of your favourites would be great. 

I’m away at the moment but I’ll get some pics when I’m home. I’ve actually found that keeping three basic settings across the three switches works and then it’s the combination of what is on which gives my tonal variation. There’s plenty more on tap but I’m not much of a tweaked either!

• Thanks 1