Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Machinist

Kev

12 hours ago, simon88wilson said:

The only downside I have found is I am struggling to press individual buttons on the fly,  mostly down to how close it is to the next pedal in my board. Some of it will be me getting used to the proximity of each switch but had a few times where I didn’t turn it on. The main struggle is the right switch as its close to my wah pedal. Damn these size 11 feet!

My size 12 feet mean I wear trainers instead of boots when playing just so I don't stamp the wrong pedal on 😊

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

My size 12 feet mean I wear trainers instead of boots when playing just so I don't stamp the wrong pedal on 😊

I reckon you’re not far off being able to put a toe on each push button.

(once again, apologies for taking up space on forum posts with my endless drivel)

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Haha 2

On 27/11/2020 at 12:10, EBS_freak said:

I thought I would do a quick Youtube search... and you know what, I don't actually dislike... I rather hear a band do it like this than the normal drivel I hear.

We saw Frog Leap live in Scotland last year. Great show. 

EDIT: Updated! thanks for the edit notes all 😖

I chucked this together today.... not the most glamorous, and first time I've had a crack at any sort of demo, but hopefully kinda illustrates a few sounds in there (probably on the fuzzier/ dirtier side in the main)

Edited by Salt on your Bass?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

I chucked this together today.... not the most glamorous, and first time I've had a crack at any sort of demo, but hopefully kinda illustrates a few sounds in there... 

Only seem to be getting it in mono - left side. Headphones are working fine on other audio. Anyone else? It’s a comprehensive demo so top work!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

In short-well built, symbols are no issue to deal with for function of each dial. 
clean channel is very very good, drive channel is also very good, fuzz channel was not quite me, but I am not a massive fuzz fan.

You can certainly get some very decent sounds out of this, but it was almost as if the drive had to have a bit of fuzz to get the best out of it.

Yes it is designed to go infront of an amp rather than be a DI preamp type box.

Depends what else you own and what you like as to whether it’s different enough and sits with you, but it is responsive to style and aggression of playing 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Merton said:

Just received my Machinist from Barefaced after winning their competition on Instagram. Can’t wait to fire it up later today when I’m free from meetings...

D02CE359-9723-49F4-9EFF-E0A95A2641CE.jpeg

Is that a new case? I hope so, that nail and wooden box effort was a terrible idea.

That case is a nice touch. Nice work Barefaced.

Oh and good to see that the typo of Nick Oliveri has been fixed.

• Like 1