Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Machinist

Kev

Well that was a fun way to spend a Sunday lunch. 
I too don't come here that often. Only when looking for something or have something to sell. 
I too have a year from hell, and have not acted as well as I should to some folk due to the stress - it's very easy to judge.  
Pre Covid my best friend was murdered, My studio has been effectively closed since March, all touring work obvs out the window, and in September my lifelong partner was discovered to have cancer. Now post major surgery, we are about to start chemo. 

I'm selling gear to make ends meet and clear space as I do when times are hard, but this shitshow made me think again about doing so on here.
I particularly liked @Beedster throwing his teddy out the pram, then airing some dirty washing, and shaking @Alex like a dog with a rabbit on the grounds of him not liking criticism :scratch_one-s_head:
Thought it might be a good time to bring up the conversation I had with la Beedster when he very kindly offered some gear on here free to a charity. Got him a lot of kudos publicly that did...
I run a music based charity helping disabled and deprived folk enjoy what we take for granted. I sent him info and have a guess what happened folks...

Anyhoo I came for a review of the Machinist.

Didn't get very far, but now despite the times, I'm gonna go buy one. A) because dirt is my fav thing and B) I want to help Alex out. He and his company have been decent with me and folk I work for, and I admire what he does. 

I might put a review up 

• Like 14
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mark_ir said:

Well that was a fun way to spend a Sunday lunch. 
I too don't come here that often. Only when looking for something or have something to sell. 
I too have a year from hell, and have not acted as well as I should to some folk due to the stress - it's very easy to judge.  
Pre Covid my best friend was murdered, My studio has been effectively closed since March, all touring work obvs out the window, and in September my lifelong partner was discovered to have cancer. Now post major surgery, we are about to start chemo. 

I'm selling gear to make ends meet and clear space as I do when times are hard, but this shitshow made me think again about doing so on here.
I particularly liked @Beedster throwing his teddy out the pram, then airing some dirty washing, and shaking @Alex like a dog with a rabbit on the grounds of him not liking criticism :scratch_one-s_head:
Thought it might be a good time to bring up the conversation I had with la Beedster when he very kindly offered some gear on here free to a charity. Got him a lot of kudos publicly that did...
I run a music based charity helping disabled and deprived folk enjoy what we take for granted. I sent him info and have a guess what happened folks...

Anyhoo I came for a review of the Machinist.

Didn't get very far, but now despite the times, I'm gonna go buy one. A) because dirt is my fav thing and B) I want to help Alex out. He and his company have been decent with me and folk I work for, and I admire what he does. 

I might put a review up 

Sorry to hear about the crap you're going through. Your description of my responses on here is accurate in every sense and I apologise to the folks on here for that. I was a Sir Richard Head III, 100%, no mitigation. I'm also sorry that the gear we discussed for your charity didn't work out, although having checked I've no idea what the story is there.

Anyway, if you need to move on gear, do not see this forum as a stinky poo show just because on occasion an individual member acts like a Sir Richard Head III, there are some extraordinary people here, who will support, advise and humour as appropriate. 

Ped, my apologies. BC members, my apologies. Alex, my apologies with the condition that I really do wish i hadn't ripped my finger open and carried the residual anger about it for about a year. No, scrap that, my apologies.

I think there are moments in time when you realise you need to perhaps take a good look at yourself, so please trust me when i say I am.

Anyway, back to the pedal 

Chris

• Like 15

29 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Sorry to hear about the crap you're going through. Your description of my responses on here is accurate in every sense and I apologise to the folks on here for that. I was a Sir Richard Head III, 100%, no mitigation. I'm also sorry that the gear we discussed for your charity didn't work out, although having checked I've no idea what the story is there.

Anyway, if you need to move on gear, do not see this forum as a stinky poo show just because on occasion an individual member acts like a Sir Richard Head III, there are some extraordinary people here, who will support, advise and humour as appropriate. 

Ped, my apologies. BC members, my apologies. Alex, my apologies with the condition that I really do wish i hadn't ripped my finger open and carried the residual anger about it for about a year. No, scrap that, my apologies.

I think there are moments in time when you realise you need to perhaps take a good look at yourself, so please trust me when i say I am.

Chris

Took some guts to write that, Chris.  Well said.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Chris

It takes proper fortitude to hold your hands up like that. I applaud you, Sir.  👏👏👏 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Chris

Frankly, I see no need for you to apologise and I am somewhat amused by someone taking you to task for airing dirty laundry and then doing the self same thing in the very next sentence.

You may regret what you said but it is none the less accurate for that. Alex behaved like a d1ck and admitted as much. The difference here is that he is (or should be) promoting a brand and customer service is an important factor. He got exactly the reaction he deserved. 

Anyway. Welcome back to the Boogie club, when you're back in! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Frankly, I see no need for you to apologise and I am somewhat amused by someone taking you to task for airing dirty laundry and then doing the self same thing in the very next sentence.

You may regret what you said but it is none the less accurate for that. Alex behaved like a d1ck and admitted as much. The difference here is that he is (or should be) promoting a brand and customer service is an important factor. He got exactly the reaction he deserved. 

Anyway. Welcome back to the Boogie club, when you're back in! 

Read it again. The point was that folk in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. I didn’t elaborate detail. I won’t because I think the point has been taken and resolved. All the stress of this year is getting to everyone, I’ve had to shield for much of it and I really hope this vaccine comes good. It’s been a humbling year for everyone with a heart (sadly they don’t seem to be in the cabinet) 

Everyone has apologised now. Hopefully that’s the end of it, though I pity any poor sod that has to read the whole saga from the start like I did. 

I’ll let y’all know what I think of the pedal. 

peace 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simon88wilson said:

I’ve ordered one. Taking a chance on it but seeing as it has the 1 month return policy. I don’t see it as a big risk. 

Im thinking it’ll knock the cog Tarkin 66 off my pedalboard. Once it arrives and I’ve had a play I’ll chuck up a review. 

...I might be close behind you on that @simon88wilson!! ✌️

• 2 weeks later...

Landed today! Nice box and well presented.

I've only had 15 mins with it at lowish volumes with a clean amp (streamliner). 

Obviously need to test this in a band context at volume with my main amp, because dirt never the same at home, but my first impression is really solid. A really nice spread of tonal flavour on both the distortion and fuzz sides and engaging both delivers a fatter slab of them both. 

I'll tinker with it more over time of course, but wondered if anyone elses had landed, and thought I'd throw a couple of pics up (sorry for the mess...rebuilding my board)✌️

DSC_0517.thumb.JPG.6b7b8e293298aa58e83bdad764c87fd0.JPG

DSC_0516.thumb.JPG.8cc1f140d1d4e4b9dfe12f6cb3882754.JPG

DSC_0515.JPG

• Like 5