Why become a member? ×

SOLD...Early 90's Status Series 2 headed..SOLD.

slapmonsta

Hi guys,

I'm selling my virtually immaculate 90's Status S2,recently acquired but due to the usual reasons way too beautiful to sit in a case not being played....I need to sell this baby,hence the now "stupid" price.

3-band mid-sweep eq,Maple top,Mahogany/Walnut core and wings...graphite thru neck....one tiny buckle ding on the back that you can see in the pic...other than that,pretty much spotless.A top-quality example of a superb instrument.

Skb-type case chucked in...

[size=5]£750,crazy price!!![/size]

Come on,someone.....

Edited by slapmonsta

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='438726' date='Mar 18 2009, 10:19 PM']Wow!

Looks just like my first ever Status that I bought back in '92 - yes, the core wood is mahogany![/quote]

Thanks Nick.
Any idea what type of wood the "wings" are?......

I feel ashamed I don't know this,as I originally sold this bass to the guy I bought it off when I worked in an infamous music shop "back in the day..."..yes people,Rob Green once sold his mighty wares through shops!!

I was actually picking it up when you 'phoned me about the Kingbass!

Best,

Steve.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='438767' date='Mar 18 2009, 10:53 PM']Sorry - when I said `core' wood, I was referring to the `wings' - the central section (where the neck is set) is walnut! The accent layer between the facing (looks like a cross between flamed and quilted maple) and mahogany is maple, tinted yellow (mine was very similar!).

Yes, I remember the phone call![/quote]

The Doctor is indeed, in the house....... :)

Thanks again mate.

Steve.

Thanks so much for everything man, no problems at all. Got back into Oxford about 50 mins ago, have just wolfed down some food in anticipation of the noise I'm about to make! I shall leave you feedback shortly.

Thanks again!