Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Precision Telecaster Bass NOW SOLD
£225
Lancaster

ash

Here is a rather nice Squier VM Precision which to me is the spit of a 70’s Telecaster Bass. It has a Fender decal on the headstock but is definitely a Squier! It has the beefy humbucker at the neck which is probably one of the most powerful pickups of all time. There is one odd tuner on the E - you can only tell when you take the string off as it has no hole through the post possibly a manufacturing fault. It works perfectly well however. Bass weighs 4kgs, it’s strung with flats and plays and sounds great. I reckon this bass is perfect for modding but that’s up to you as it’s a lovely instrument as it is. It has had a paint touch up on a ding on the bottom edge otherwise in gigged but excellent condition.

No trades I can post in the UK at buyer’s cost. Now sold thanks for your interest! 

BCB556D5-6EF3-484F-BD86-A03B12327015.jpeg

7B5AC374-4661-4F26-9BEA-DA4B162C2C9B.jpeg

C71E9EC6-E6B8-4B51-BAEE-D1A093C24D7A.jpeg

Edited by ash
Pics now Sold
  • Like 3

Nice Bass...

Lookin' different in the Scratchplate, Pickup department... and a nice old style 2 saddle bridge.

Had similar with a machine head, one of a cheapy set for a Cruiser by Crafter fix-up.

I Removed the bolt holding the gear wheel, and pushed a 'plug' out from the back of the string post with a scribber.

Worth a go for a better anchor on the E string... If its a fix, you won't have to list it as an issue?

Is that some sort of X in the wood or some sort if shaddow, just under the strings?

Edited by PaulThePlug

1 hour ago, PaulThePlug said:

Nice Bass...

Lookin' different in the Scratchplate, Pickup department... and a nice old style 2 saddle bridge.

Had similar with a machine head, one of a cheapy set for a Cruiser by Crafter fix-up.

I Removed the bolt holding the gear wheel, and pushed a 'plug' out from the back of the string post with a scribber.

Worth a go for a better anchor on the E string... If its a fix, you won't have to list it as an issue?

Is that some sort of X in the wood or some sort if shaddow, just under the strings?

No it’s the grain of the wood. You can see it depending on the angle of the light. 

• MB1 locked this topic