Why become a member? ×

Newbury to Swansea relay - basschat style

Pea Turgh

Ola!  I’ve seen these Basschat relays work wonders previously.  Thought I’d see if we can pull off another one!

@Sardar has kindly offered a rack trolley in the recycling forum, and understandably it is collection only from Newbury (centre);

I am currently isolating due to my two kids knowing someone with symptoms (four whole year groups have been sent home this week!), so I want to make sure I’m not potentially/ inadvertently passing on the ‘rona!

Are any Basschatters Westward bound from Newbury in the near future fancy partaking please?!

Edited by Pea Turgh
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, stewblack said:

Get it to  Marlborough, Chippenham, Calne or Bath and I'll happily pick it up from near M4. Niece in Cardiff might be able to help with the onwards journey. 

Might be cheeky Stew and ask if you could pick something up from Pete and I’ll get it from you in Nort’n....but only if you end up dropping off the other item of course. J

2 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Might be cheeky Stew and ask if you could pick something up from Pete and I’ll get it from you in Nort’n....but only if you end up dropping off the other item of course. J

Not cheeky at all, but I'm not picking up from Pete, my understanding is there's an item heading towards him down the M4. I offered to be a leg in that journey.

Of course given my great age and all round dopiness I may have the wrong end of a stick or two.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, stewblack said:

I can't drive to Swansea for health reasons it's just too far for me at present, but I could at least get it over the bridge, or possibly to Cardiff depending on other family members. 

No worries at all Stew - it’s more of a chance thing really.  Certainly not wanting anyone to go out of their way!!!

52 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

No worries at all Stew - it’s more of a chance thing really.  Certainly not wanting anyone to go out of their way!!!

But if you can get it west as far as Bath I'd be delighted to move it farther you're way. 

People have done it for me and I want to pay it forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1