Why become a member? ×

SOLD SOLD SOLD Custom Squier Vintage Modified Precision 5 String Bass w/Handmade 35" Scale Neck
£390
Salford

Zargorius

Squier Vintage Modified P-Bass with luthier made 5 string neck in Wenge and Maple with Ebony fretboard.

The bridge was moved back to make the scale length to 35 inch scale.

Pickups upgraded to Delano PMVC 6 FE/M2 and pots changed (original pots included).

Hipshot Kickass bridge and Hipshot tuners.

Set of D'Addario Flatwounds installed a few weeks ago (ECB81-5SL)

Set of Roundwounds included (about 6 months of use).

Body refinished in Sherwood Green and in excellent condition with only a slight 2cm blemish (see pic).

Due to different pickups the pickguard doesn't cover the recesses fully, will need a custom pickguard if you want to fix it (didn't really bother me).

All work done by previous owner, had the bass since May and it plays great, no issues, selling as I prefer a 4 string and want something lighter / thinner.

Quite unique bass for those who want that Precision sound and an extra 5th string.

Test and pickup encouraged, will ship to UK for another £25 - I will include a budget gig bag with it. International shipping possible, please enquire.

Any questions or pic requests welcome.

$_57.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600_1.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

IMG_20201123_174617610.jpg

Edited by Zargorius
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul S said:

Question - how do the fret positions work with a 35" scale length?

Not much difference for most part, the only time I wasn't comfortable was playing the pentatonic up past the 5th, I found it tiring if you try to go 1-4 without shifting the whole hand.

31 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

Thanks but surely the fret spacing needs to be consistent with the revised scale length or is it a 35 scale neck? 

Sorry if I've missed it in the listing! 

Unless the OP has edited it since, it’s literally in the title of the thread that it’s a 35” neck 😋

Si

13 hours ago, Beedster said:

Bridge moved back to accommodate.

Lovely bass :)

Yes, indeed, that is the bit I actually read that but misread everything else 😂  I thought it was a stock neck, not a brand new neck.  Dimwit that I am.

• MB1 locked this topic