Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*Gallien Krueger 1001RB-ii & Korg Pitchblack Pro.
£380
Hamilton, Lanarkshire

DrDrill

*SOLD*Gallien Krueger 1001RB-ii & Korg Pitchblack Pro. £380 (+shipping)

https://www.gallien-krueger.com/1001-rb-specs

https://www.korg.com/uk/products/tuners/pitchblack_pro/page_1.php

Having tried this in a doomed attempt to end my 30 odd year love affair with Trace Elliot it’s now time to move it on.

Even the hypnotic suggestion of the Pitchblack Pro’s light show can’t change me. Old dog, new tricks and all that.

GK tone and a good amount of solid state power (700W+50W @ 4ohm - biamp / 480W @ 8ohm).

Very good condition. Comes fitted in a shallow rack.

Collection would be good or Courier at cost.

20201116_105846.jpg

20201116_105856.jpg

20201116_105934.jpg

20201116_110123.jpg

Edited by DrDrill
SOLD
  • Like 1

That's exactly the same setup that I have. Excellent sound and plenty of grunt when needed. I run mine through a 6x10 usually and it's immense. This is a bargain too ... wish it had have come up when I was buying mine.

GLWTS

Edited by WHUFC BASS
  • Thanks 1

To be honest if I didn't have 4 Trace heads ( I have no idea how that happened :biggrin:) I would keep this one. I used it at a couple of outdoor gigs last year through 2 Vanderkley 210 cabs and it sounded great, but it was all new with different knobs and stuff 😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HazBeen said:

Great heads, just super reliable, powerful, great sounding and still relatively light.

Wot he said ^^^

I've used these amps for 15 years with no problems whatsoever. I think they've recently been discontinued too, so a good time to grab one at a great price - possible future classic! GLWTS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really considering this amp, been wanting to try GK amps with my Spector for a while. How are they at lower volume... like pub gigs? I play rock covers, mainly 80s stuff. Eddie Jackson's tone is what I'm chasing!

Edited by Berserker

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Really considering this amp, been wanting to try GK amps with my Spector for a while. How are they at lower volume... like pub gigs? I play rock covers, mainly 80s stuff. Eddie Jackson's tone is what I'm chasing!

I’ve always found mine great for all gigs/levels. The ‘Boost’ function works really well with this and the eq is very intuitive (once you get used to it being laid out kind of the wrong way round!). I would have thought that pub gigs ( maybe with no PA support for bass?) wouldn’t mean playing rock covers that quietly too. 😆

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, casapete said:

I’ve always found mine great for all gigs/levels. The ‘Boost’ function works really well with this and the eq is very intuitive (once you get used to it being laid out kind of the wrong way round!). I would have thought that pub gigs ( maybe with no PA support for bass?) wouldn’t mean playing rock covers that quietly too. 😆

Awesome, thanks... of course I'll be as loud as I can get away with!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berserker said:

I use mine with a Spector Euro LX Doug Wimbish and a Euro LX 5 -String and they both sound awesome, they really cut through well. The perfect balance of bottom and top end.

4 hours ago, Berserker said:

I've only tried it outside, with a Spector Euro LX as it happens and it sounded great, the EQ is a bit odd initially but if you set it up as per the manual it's brill. Another band used our backline as well, the bass player was using a Precision and a Ric and with a wee tweak or two it sounded biblical. Like I said if I didn't own hundreds of watts of Trace Elliot goodness already i'd definitely keep this amp.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just keep it as a backup for the backup etc  :biggrin:

Eddie Jackson.......I remember seeing Dio & Queensryche in Glasgow  :shok:

tix.jpg

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic