Why become a member? ×

1968/69 Fender Telecaster Bass body loaded
£1000
East Devon

68/69 Telecaster Bass body with original bridge and pots/knobs and plates. Neckplate is late 68/early 69 ballpark, pickup is from a 1971 Bass and is original winding. 
Great weight - the whole bass only weighed 8.8 lbs. 

Its on EBay for a little more for obvious reasons. 
Shipped £20 UK. More if you’d like it insured. 
There is also the option of purchasing the original Fender case if you so desire for an extra £200. 
Thanks for looking!

F96C63CB-A807-4962-98A1-10E7447931BE.jpeg

2C61E33A-EEC6-41BA-B99E-CADF4C835C3E.jpeg

12148B8C-1B26-4128-83E5-EFE9CC683DF8.jpeg

681FB4FB-F28F-43F4-A02C-0E1A0C65B9E1.jpeg

0475DF2D-E25F-42B7-B99B-B19C4DC01378.jpeg

5AEB8202-8C7E-4598-A4BE-BE3BF9E1FC4A.jpeg

ABB4CDD4-A00C-407E-AECD-393FFF09EF93.jpeg

B2415F36-AC07-45FD-89E2-84A7B4BCDA05.jpeg

9AED102B-513B-4E6D-865F-6B68D9084514.jpeg

• Like 2

Elephant in the room question: what happened to the neck? You had it advertised on the 'bay as a complete Bass last week only to relist it there and now here. Just curious! I ask as the owner of a 72 Tele Bass so I'm attracted to them....

Edited by yorks5stringer

Hi mate, I’ve been trying to sell the bass as a unit for ages but you know how people are - and right now most people are lowballing constantly. 
Im gonna keep the neck because it’s hard to find a nice neck these days at an affordable price. While I would have liked to keep it together I can’t justify selling it for the highest offer I’ve had which was around £500 less than what I paid for it. 

5 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Elephant in the room question: what happened to the neck? You had it advertised on the 'bay as a complete Bass last week only to relist it there and now here. Just curious! I ask as the owner of a 72 Tele Bass so I'm attracted to them....

Hi mate, I’ve been trying to sell the bass as a unit for ages but you know how people are - and right now most people are lowballing constantly. 
Im gonna keep the neck because it’s hard to find a nice neck these days at an affordable price. While I would have liked to keep it together I can’t justify selling it for the highest offer I’ve had which was around £500 less than what I paid for it. 
I have found some nice reclaimed pitch pine so one day will get organised and knock out a few bodies - one of which will end up going on the neck. 
To be honest, it’s looking like I’ll just have to pull everything off the body and sell it bit by bit. 
I had a lovely 72 P that had a battery box rout out of the back which I repaired neatly and refinished the repair area with nitro, and tried selling it for 3 months - complete with an OHSC and Zero interest. Pulled it to bits and sold everything in two weeks. Go figure.

Every dealer in the USA will tell you that you’ll make a whole lot more money parting out a bass as long as you can prove authenticity, but that it’ll take a while longer all thing being equal, and it can become harder to verify authenticity parts the further they get from their original instrument. With this in mind I think it would help your sale if you posted photos of the neck especially the heel as well as any evidence that both neck and body are from the same instrument, too many dodgy neck plates for sale these days :( 

• Like 2