Why become a member? ×

Compressor

sshorepunk

I've still not even bothered with the editor! Although I might do just do bring down the volume a tad. When it comes to pedals, I generally hate multi-fx and app-driven pedals, and this is coming from a techie that works in IT that spends all day fiddling around with scripts and settings. Maybe that's why in my downtime I just prefer simplicity! Luckily the Spectracomp works just as well in that regard, with it having just one knob.

• 2 months later...

Just regarding the Spectracomp, am I being a bit thick or can the volume not be adjusted on the pc editor? I can only see two adjustments, both for crossover. Or does the phone app editor have more settings available to adjust than the pc version?

EDIT - I wasn’t being thick, just blind!

Edited by Deedee
Off to Specsavers 🤓

45 minutes ago, itu said:

TonePrint editor has lots of stuff but they are slightly hidden to the top. The texts are just faint. The phone version cannot be easier or more clear.

🙄 And that’s what happens when you have the sun beating through your window and you’re trying to look at the screen, but you can’t see anything. Thanks @itu I’ve just tried again (now I can see the screen properly) and there it is. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

I lumped compressors, switchers/line selectors, EQ, Preamp/DI into the 'boring' list of pedals so either didn't get good ones or didn't get them at all. I've since realised that was a mistake and I now spend a lot more time working with them, compression done well is really useful for almost any type of Bass playing whereas I'm starting to find things like envelope filters/delays/synth/fuzz/octavers etc. are a bit of a novelty that make practice more interesting but more often then not aren't really necessary for a Bass player in a band situation.