Why become a member? ×

GK MB Fusion 500 inc bag and footswitch
£320
Bristol

ern500evo

The urge for something big and heavy isn’t going away, so it’s time to part ways with this little fella. It’s been an absolutely cracking little amp, and if it wasn’t for the fact I can’t justify having 4 amps, I’d probably just keep it as a spare. I’ve had several class D’s, incl TC RH450 & 750, GB Shuttle 9.2, Aguilar TH500 and a Darkglass M900 and I’ve kept this one far longer than any of the others, this has been by far my favourite class d amp. Two channels with independent gain and volume controls, plus a preamp with 3 x 12ax7’s make it very versatile. Set one up for classic GK sparkle and one up for valve driven warmth and change between the two with the click of a footswitch. It’s in great condition, has just been serviced by Martin Bailey. There are a couple of small scratches on the top(which I’ve included in the pics) but apart from that it’s unmarked. It comes with a SKB gig bag, the zip is a bit dodgy on one corner but it still zips up fine, and a generic footswitch. Tbh the footswitch, I’ve never used, it takes up a lot of room in the bag so I just bought a tiny Arachnid Audio latching switch to go on my pedal board. The price includes UK mainland delivery, and is pretty fixed tbh, it’s a great little amp for that price delivered. I will take £20 off if someone wants to come and collect it or meet up within reasonable distance of Bristol, say 40 miles. Not looking for any trades as the money from this is going straight towards an EBS TD650. 

82736528-99CD-4668-98BB-F6DC0FC33E0E.jpeg

D247FC6B-A9CA-4EAE-8331-499DED33FA41.jpeg

0B88883B-086C-418C-BB2A-2F5C2184C194.jpeg

EC1B2FB0-B2D8-4E42-BAFA-4A95F833963B.jpeg

FEBC4B66-CFA5-4CC9-8214-DB8D269436E5.jpeg

5EFA4D31-746A-4626-B16D-78C789A3F827.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Damonjames said:

Great amp at a great price!

Thanks Damon, it really is a great little amp. To be honest the only reason I’m keeping my Darkglass M900 and not this, is the ability to take just the amp to rehearsals and not have to take drive pedals/pedal board. The urge for a TD650 has gotten too much though, and something has to make way! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Damonjames said:

I’d love to have one of these as a backup to my fusion 550, but as I’m not gigging I just can’t justify it!

It’s probably an awful time to try and sell it, but there’s an EBS TD650 available so i at least have to try! The Fusion 550 is one of the amps on my bucket list, they’re so hard to find at the right price though 

I’ve got the mb  800 just sold my back up which was the fusion,I liked the mb better now looking for an mb as back up so I’ve got yours in mind but as mentioned not a good time to sell so I’m only spending wot I get for my gear,I let my fusion 500 go for £246 ,disgraceful really but that’s wot it’s like out there 

59 minutes ago, status1 said:

I’ve got the mb  800 just sold my back up which was the fusion,I liked the mb better now looking for an mb as back up so I’ve got yours in mind but as mentioned not a good time to sell so I’m only spending wot I get for my gear,I let my fusion 500 go for £246 ,disgraceful really but that’s wot it’s like out there 

Yes it’s not the best time to be selling really, but I’ve got a EBS TD650 in my sights so it’s a case of at least trying to sell it. Tbh I’d rather keep it than have to take anything that low for it. I’m not desperate to sell it, I’ve still got my Darkglass M900 and Ashdown ABM, so I’m not in desperate need of the EBS 

3 hours ago, status1 said:

Yeah I’m not going to insult you with a stupid offer even though it’s only a spare to sit next to the one I have in my rack,I’ll wait till I get payment from my other gk head and I’ll see wot I can come up with,

No worries mate, like you said, the market isn’t great at the moment. I think everyone is feeling the pinch 

I think that is one of the reasons yeah also I think a lot of people have said Bollox to it and can’t be bothered anymore and on the one side if the coin are thinking there just ain’t gonner be the pub gigs that there was,There will be some serious bargains coming up as people have lost their jobs also

1 hour ago, status1 said:

I think that is one of the reasons yeah also I think a lot of people have said Bollox to it and can’t be bothered anymore and on the one side if the coin are thinking there just ain’t gonner be the pub gigs that there was,There will be some serious bargains coming up as people have lost their jobs also

Very true, and I’ve told myself all these things each time I look at the ad for the TD650! 😂

22 minutes ago, status1 said:

Too much weight to lug around especially as you can get the same or better sound out of some of the small Amos that are now on the market

I just fancy a heavy old lump again. I’ve had loads of class D’s and just fancy a change. Transporting it won’t be a problem, it will live at our rehearsal space, and we all travel to gigs together in a van so plenty of hands to shift stuff. 

1 hour ago, status1 said:

I’ve still got my Trace smx ,had it about thirty years,still looks and sounds as good as anything out there,I use it if I’m doing a big gig as the UV light sets it off

I used to have a AH350SM, with the 1518 and 2103 cabs, weighed an absolute ton but sounded great! 

2 hours ago, status1 said:

Yeah last of the Trace heads before they got brought out,still use mine sometimes,thinking of selling it,it’s mint condition so might get £500 for it,always got complimented on my sound with that head

Some of the old Trace gear seems to be becoming popular again

Just had a guy take away a bit of bass gear,up to £280 so far,just letting go wot I don’t use bit gutted really as all my gear is top notch stuff but it’s not getting used, Still waiting on PayPal for the money for the fusion head so I can invest in more gear ha ha

4 hours ago, status1 said:

Just had a guy take away a bit of bass gear,up to £280 so far,just letting go wot I don’t use bit gutted really as all my gear is top notch stuff but it’s not getting used, Still waiting on PayPal for the money for the fusion head so I can invest in more gear ha ha

I think pretty much all of us have way more gear than we need!