Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD - Custom Jazz Bass Aztec Gold  £549
£599
Poole

paddybass

Bought from a BC'er about 3 years ago but not used much so I am moving it on. 

A beautiful funk machine refinished in Aztec Gold. I haven't got the original listing details but I remember it is a 90's Japan body refinished by Dave Wilson.

I have replaced the PU's with Ironstone but will include the PU's that came with it (which sounded pretty good) although I don't know the brand:  

The Ironstone Jazz Bass pickups are Ironstone’s first Bass pickup design. They feature classic 7.3K bridge and 7.1K Ohm neck resistances for rich, but crisp vintage tones. The classic construction also includes:
  • Alnico V vintage tone magnets
  • Fibre flat work bobbins
  • Waxed cloth connecting cable

The Jazz Bass pickups are available as individual bridge, or neck, as well as a set. The set only, is also available in a rugged foam-lined presentation case (see photos). A comprehensive mounting kit accompanies all purchases.

I also had the bridge reset slightly and cleaned up the neck which is silky smooth.

The neck itself is an Allparts licensed model with Rosewood board and Walnut facing on the headstock. (Apparently cost about £400 itself)

I am including a Spider hard case in the sale which has served me well and still does the job.

Strung with Bass Center Stadium Elites 40-100.

Something a little different and sounds as good as it looks. 

Bad bits:

Some belt rash on the back, a paint chip to the body near the truss rod adjuster and another chip by the jack input. 

Some slight smudges to the varnish on the headstock and some wear marks on back of headstock.

All these can be seen in the pictures and the Bass is priced accordingly, just trying to be honest. 

Pickup and try out welcome in Poole once lockdown is over. 

Can courier at cost in a box or meet up somewhere. 

Thanks

IMG_2914_Fotor.jpg.09f955c8537b73136dc8a07e2f54ea36.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_0479.jpeg

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_0271.jpeg

IMG_2912.jpg