Why become a member? ×

How Many Is Enough?

stewblack

I reckon twelve should do it. Put eleven in various places... coin compartment of wallet, that little pocket at the front of trousers, some in the gig bag, one in the coin holder of your car. 
Finally unscrew one of the cavity covers on your bass and put one in there. And screw it back on 😀.

Edited by Nail Soup
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stewblack said:

How many is the accepted amount of plectrums one must own to be guaranteed to find one when you want to use one?

Thank you. 

I have a bag with about one hundred or so plectrums in it. I can never find the bag. -_-

(Disclaimer : I play finger-style only; it's when I want to find a pick for a guitarist that I hunt :| ...)

43 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

It doesn't really matter how many you have.

They'll only run away with all the pens anyway.  

And if you ever find all the odd socks I'll bet all the missing pens and plectrums are inside them, along with the spare car keys and probably a remote control. 

• Like 1

I bought a shed load in my first few years of playing. I rarely ever use them unless I really, really need to. I've still got some that I bought in my teens. The one I favour most is a big yellow fender one at. 73mm. I call it "the Dorito". This must be 20 years old and still going. Also my favourite straps, RightOn fake leather, have a little pick-pocket on them that I stick some Dunlop medium picks in, but these are more to lend to the guitarists than use myself. 

16061287684386992461428463244251.jpg

• Like 1

I buy Herco Flex 75s, a hundred at a time. I make sure that there is always at least one in every bag or guitar case that I am likely to be taking to rehearsal and/or gigs, plus one tucked between the strings of every guitar or bass that I am currently using. When the box of a hundred starts to look a bit empty I order another one. I started this practice in the early 90s and I am currently on my 4th box. If I start gigging again next year I'll probably be thinking about placing another order in 12 months time.