Why become a member? ×

Bergantino Forte

FLoydElgar

On 22/11/2020 at 17:47, FLoydElgar said:

I just recieved this and very happy!

The Smith is getting its true voice come through.  So happy with the purchase!

20201122_173952.jpg

Could you write a review of the amp now you have had it a few days.

I would like to hear your thoughts because I'm thinking of getting one.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

*not review - just a update for @spyder

Firstly, I have been on the hunt of making my Ken Smith voice it's preamp.

The amp I was previously using sounded great with my Jazz bass (75 reissue black block inlays) but masked my Smith.  Weird huh?

The Forte has come forward with letting the Smith preamp just produce that sound.

I have spent a lot of time trying all the dip switches inside the instrument, different strings, pickup hights action amp settings - Kind of going crazy since I bought the instrument  back in end of march.  

I would watch videos of bassist online who had the sound and I didn't?  I'd copy there tone controls and wouldn't even come close.

I didn't believe the Smith preamp could be so masked that it just sounded like a good bass - but  thats not the reason why I own the instrument.  there are a lot of instruments out there that sound great.  A Smith sounds like a smith - Fact.

So where I am going with this is - if you want a clean sound buy this amp.  I get the smith sound with everything flat it doesn't even need to be dialed in...  :) very happy..  so now I can honestly say I have the smith I have always wanted since I bought my 1st smith back in 2010...  I sold it back to bass direct as I wasn't getting that sound...  I was using Markbass back then and was using it until this Bergantino turned up.

I have my computer connected to the Aux in and head phones in the port at the back for silent practices too

I'm getting a new computer so will post the sounds when I get logic for it.  Will record straight in from the bass amp too..

There is so much on the market and It was between this and the trickfish 1k.  I bit the bullet on this as there was a 30 day return policy with Thomann and 3 year warranty...   So If the amp didn't meet my needs they are happy to take it back.  Luckily I lucked out and found the amp I needed.

Many thanks,

Floyd

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/12/2020 at 18:12, FLoydElgar said:

Just wow nxt210 just came

Snapchat-357379566.jpg

I’m really looking forward to hearing the NXT’s! I have a pair of HD’s and would love to compare. Like the B|Amp and HDN’s I will video review these when I get my hands on them!

• Like 1

On 24/11/2020 at 20:41, FLoydElgar said:

*not review - just a update for @spyder

Firstly, I have been on the hunt of making my Ken Smith voice it's preamp.

The amp I was previously using sounded great with my Jazz bass (75 reissue black block inlays) but masked my Smith.  Weird huh?

The Forte has come forward with letting the Smith preamp just produce that sound.

I have spent a lot of time trying all the dip switches inside the instrument, different strings, pickup hights action amp settings - Kind of going crazy since I bought the instrument  back in end of march.  

I would watch videos of bassist online who had the sound and I didn't?  I'd copy there tone controls and wouldn't even come close.

I didn't believe the Smith preamp could be so masked that it just sounded like a good bass - but  thats not the reason why I own the instrument.  there are a lot of instruments out there that sound great.  A Smith sounds like a smith - Fact.

So where I am going with this is - if you want a clean sound buy this amp.  I get the smith sound with everything flat it doesn't even need to be dialed in...  :) very happy..  so now I can honestly say I have the smith I have always wanted since I bought my 1st smith back in 2010...  I sold it back to bass direct as I wasn't getting that sound...  I was using Markbass back then and was using it until this Bergantino turned up.

I have my computer connected to the Aux in and head phones in the port at the back for silent practices too

I'm getting a new computer so will post the sounds when I get logic for it.  Will record straight in from the bass amp too..

There is so much on the market and It was between this and the trickfish 1k.  I bit the bullet on this as there was a 30 day return policy with Thomann and 3 year warranty...   So If the amp didn't meet my needs they are happy to take it back.  Luckily I lucked out and found the amp I needed.

Many thanks,

Floyd

I agree with your review. I’ve fallen back in love with a couple of my basses that I was thinking about swapping out preamps and pickups now that I have my B|Amp. It definitely helps to bring out the best in everything plugged in to it (with the right speakers!!)

• Like 1