Why become a member? ×

OH HOLD 1982 Fender Precision Special, Arctic white, rosewood
£1380
Bulgaria

FEND3R

20201118_123733.jpg

ON HOLD FOR THE MOMENT

1982 Fender Precision Special, ash body, rosewood neck. The color would have been Arctic White according to the catalog, but as you can see this bass has seen it all – I got it from the first owner - a session musician, who did play on it every day for almost 40 years and it shows. I do not know where to start with the roadworn part, but as can be seen – finish is worn almost everywhere, lacquer on the neck is gone in many places, there are numerous bumps, dings, dongs, etc. (luckily surface, no structural damage), pickguard is cracked near the jack, finger rest has been relocated, fingerboard and frets are also worn from playing, etc. etc. – all this is shown in the photos.

Now the good part – the bass sounds tremendous, I was skeptical towards the Precision Special model and went to check it out only because it look extremely road worn (which in my book is always good), and walked away with it. The action is nice (truss rod has some more space) although the frets are a little worn (if you are picky there is room to have them polished/crowned), the neck has a very comfy beefy C shape profile. Best part is the sound – I admit that always use it in passive mode and it sounds huge – responsive, lots of everything - lows, mids and highs – a very full sounding bass, a bit like a 70s, but not so clanky. Active mode is also nice if you are into this. It is all original apart form 2 screws as far as I am aware, all relicing is natural, weight is 5,05kg, nut width is 42mm., all hardware and electronics work as they are supposed to.

More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/WPTdiHeXBmHbDgPZ8x`

I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the more vintage precisions. The asking price is what it costed me, but sensible offers can be considered. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.

It comes with the original case it was purchased with – Fender “Duck foot” Tweed case (sold more with Fullerton reissues) which is in crooked condition, but if you do not want it – I can knock down 70 pounds off the price.  

Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU. 

You can check my feedback here -

ON HOLD

Edited by FEND3R
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...