Why become a member? ×

SOLD -1983 Squier JV Precision CAR
£975
Bulgaria

FEND3R

jv.jpg

SOLD, PENDING THE USUAL.

jv.jpg.ed888e63ce81763b9de2b9d6ddc7f91a.jpg 1983 Squire JV Precision bass, candy apple red, rosewood board. All original domestic JV, alder body, relatively light – 3,9kg. As one can expect the bass has been played a lot and shows some dings and dongs here and there, patina on the hardware, etc., but is all original and in more than perfect functional condition: neck is straight as an arrow with minimal truss rod tension (it has a loooot more room to go), also the neck is extremely comfortable at 42mm at the nut and the playability is to die for – out of 12 precisions that I possess incl. very nice vintage fenders, this is the most comfortable to play: super nice neck profile (flat, but not too much) and extremely low action. This is also the last JV I have and the best compared to all the others I had over the years (around 10 if I remember correctly). With flats it does the Motown job, with rounds it sounds deep but aggressive.

More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/1AJdmjTWwmQ3Qi7R9 

Why am I selling it if its such a great bass – I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the more vintage precisions. I am aware the asking price is not among the cheapest – I have sold JVs here for 500 pounds some years ago, but am also not quite sure I want to let this one go, so if it doesn’t sell for this, I’ll be happy to keep it. Plus - try to find a CAR with rosewood board - it took me close to a decade. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.

Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU. 

You can check my feedback here -

Edited by FEND3R
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • MB1 locked this topic