Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Fender Deluxe P/J
£370
Radstock

stewblack

WITHDRAWN - see last post

Made in Mexico. Originally active bass with gold pickguard. Previous owner changed it to passive with tort guard. Also shielded throughout with copper and upgraded bridge pickup to Nordstrand. 

I put a Kent Armstrong P Bass pick up and strung with flats but can't recall what make they are. 

I can find the original gold plate complete with its wiring and include it if anyone wants to return it to active duty. 

Tough to know how to price a bass in this climate with no one gigging, but maybe starting again soon. This has a few marks and scratches, is definitely in used condition but not tatty. Tried to photograph the worst of the marks. 

The neck is jazz width at the nut. 

I never quite gelled with this one, no idea why but there it is. If you know about these things and I'm way too low or high with the price please pm me. 

We'll meet halfway on the postage, so about 15 - 20 quid for you depending on the insurance cost. Or I'm always happy to meet up in a layby. 

Edited by stewblack
WITHDRAWAL
  • Like 9

PMs replied to. It's 9lb on the nose. As near as dammit is to a swear word anyway.

Currently searching for the gold scratchplate which i should have done before posting the advert. Up to the loft this afternoon. Gawd knows where I hid it for safe keeping.

By the way a hard case can be added for £20 if the buyer prefers.

Yep, it's a Fender Noiseless Jazz pickup. These came with US pickups as standard. I have a passive one that came with a normal US single coil. 

They're great basses. They're the missing link between the California and the original Roadworn series. Though these are MIM not US, made from the same parts, but these were mostly active.  

Steal at that price. I paid similar for mine 15 years ago. 

• Thanks 1

A fair bit of interest in this (presumably as it seems that I have underpriced it) but the gold pickguard with the active bits is nowhere to be seen. 

If current prospective buyers pull out I will remove the old pickguard from the advert and try again. 

Update Edit:

As of 03/12/2020 still wrestling with wiring back in the original electrics. Technically the bass is under offer but if I can't sort this then it may be available again. 

Edited by stewblack

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I've had a few problems with this bass. 

I restored it to active with the original electronics and gold scratchplate. However I have a crackly pot which causes the sound to break up when turned.

Given all this I'm going to withdraw the bass until I get it properly up and running and then probably relist it.

Thanks for your interest, hopefully I'll be able to relist a fully working bass soon!