Why become a member? ×

Van Der End JB4 Custom (Sold)
£600
Portsmouth

Schwartz

Picked this up locally, gentlemen said he got it from this very forum, excellent sounding.

The bass itself is listed on Andre's website with a rosewood fretboard, yet this one is maple. So it's certainly not standard.

http://www.vanderend.nl/jb4-vintage/

Bass requires some work to make it perfect, which I'm not the right guy for, as such I've decided to knock some money off.

Has an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp fitted which is a positive, I'd question the way it's been hooked up as one of the switches doesn't alter the sound at all. Otherwise really powerful.

There is a hole in the body where someone looks to have tried to change a pickup.

Weight:  ~4kg (~8.8lbs).

Sold with a Music Man hardcase.

If you would like to arrange a play, hear it or need to ask any questions, I'm happy to oblige. Thank you for your interest.

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg
D9A70DEF-40BA-4487-9FDC-47AFEAAF6DA5.thumb.jpeg.e3576549503080c2b3db57add82e7265.jpegAE2E3CBD-2A36-4C61-925D-16D3EB6EA9A2.thumb.jpeg.f3583498c8a61922fd53f5e13904d316.jpeg

Edited by Schwartz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, spyder said:

Hi, What work is required to make it perfect as in your description?

"Bass requires some work to make it perfect"

Many thanks.

Honestly, a small checkup on the single switch that doesn't adjust anything. Maybe fill that hole, or leave it for that beat up look.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I do like my Jazz Basses clean. :D

6 minutes ago, Schwartz said:

Honestly, a small checkup on the single switch that doesn't adjust anything. Maybe fill that hole, or leave it for that beat up look.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I do like my Jazz Basses clean. :D

Many thanks. I thought it might need major work.