Why become a member? ×

Ultra Simple Midi Controller for Source Audio Programmable EQ

glassmoon

Hello all

I'm on the hunt for a very simple midi pedal to engage the 4 channels of the Source Audio programmable eq. Each switch will function as on/off and will also override an engaged switch (IOW, if channel 2 is on and press channel 3, it engages without having to switch off channel 2).

I don't need midi thru or display panels. Just 4 switches with 4 LEDs. Do such pedals exist? I had one built back in South Africa but during a bought of idiocy, I ditched the eq and controller  (can I get an amen for stupidly selling gear only to buy it all back later!!!)

Any help would be awesome. Cheap, simple, and cheap hahaha

23 hours ago, glassmoon said:

Hello all

I'm on the hunt for a very simple midi pedal to engage the 4 channels of the Source Audio programmable eq. Each switch will function as on/off and will also override an engaged switch (IOW, if channel 2 is on and press channel 3, it engages without having to switch off channel 2).

I don't need midi thru or display panels. Just 4 switches with 4 LEDs. Do such pedals exist? I had one built back in South Africa but during a bought of idiocy, I ditched the eq and controller  (can I get an amen for stupidly selling gear only to buy it all back later!!!)

Any help would be awesome. Cheap, simple, and cheap hahaha

If it's just a standard MIDI controller (That I believe it would be) then the Tech 21 MIDI Mongoose could well be the kind of thing you need. I have one that I don't think I've ever got round to using out of the house. Super small, lightweight. Could be the kinda thing you need?

1 hour ago, Bigguy2017 said:

You could build one with an Arduino and some switches..

10 MIDI Controllers You Can Build With an Arduino | MakeUseOf

Thanks @Bigguy2017.  Much obliged - a mate made me one in 10 minutes, I remember that - but this is what he does all day, every day LOL.  But I will try cos I think I should :) 

I like the idea of DIY - cos over £100 for something that I'll use rather less frequently than say a mute, is a lot of bank to shell out on.

I will see if I can figure it out - time to call in a favour or seven

@Dood: these are not cheap... the Tech 21 MIDI Mongoose I mean.. are you selling?

1 hour ago, glassmoon said:

I like the idea of DIY - cos over £100 for something that I'll use rather less frequently than say a mute, is a lot of bank to shell out on.

I will see if I can figure it out - time to call in a favour or seven

@Dood: these are not cheap... the Tech 21 MIDI Mongoose I mean.. are you selling?

Hmm, yeah, you know what, ok. Ping me a PM and I'll come up with a lockdown friendly price.