Why become a member? ×

Helix stomp Bass signal problem

Jimmyp28

So yesterday I plug my bass in to record ( sting Ray) just as I had done the day before and for some reason the signal is super weak, like just showing -40. So I thought it was the battery in my bass but nope. So maybe the cable and that is not it as my guitar comes through perfectly fine.

Checked the preamp on my bass and that is all good and also checked the pickup and that is all fine as well. everything on the stomp is as it was as well apart from the only thing that changed is I got firmware 3.0. Is any one else having this issue? Any ideas as what this could possibly be? 

31 minutes ago, Jimmyp28 said:

So yesterday I plug my bass in to record ( sting Ray) just as I had done the day before and for some reason the signal is super weak, like just showing -40. So I thought it was the battery in my bass but nope. So maybe the cable and that is not it as my guitar comes through perfectly fine.

Checked the preamp on my bass and that is all good and also checked the pickup and that is all fine as well. everything on the stomp is as it was as well apart from the only thing that changed is I got firmware 3.0. Is any one else having this issue? Any ideas as what this could possibly be? 

Firmware updated the output and global settings? 

14 hours ago, Thunderpaws said:

How is the Helix Stomp for getting a good bass tone recorded, do you use it on its own or with other pedals? 

For me its amazing. It takes a little to get use to it but it is well worth the money and now with the addition of the dizel amps being added its a dream come true.

Personally you have to purchase IR's but once you do this unit is amazing and you do get it you get the native helix for your DAW for $100.

I do not use it with any pedals as it has everything and more then I could ever want already in it.

• Like 1