Why become a member? ×

Favour required from a TalkBass user - anyone on here able to help?

Alfie Noakes

On 23/11/2020 at 08:12, dave_bass5 said:

You have obviously never been on the Earnie Ball forum. Talk about anything they haven’t made and all hell breaks loose.

Man, every so often a google search takes me there - it’s like a religious cult - like a load of people have read their Ernie Ball corporate literature and tattooed it into their soul. I found a thread about the difference between pre-EB and EB basses...

”the old ones suck” “no difference, the current ones are just better” “all the necks were defective untill EB sorted it out” “I’ve had 50 old ones and only 2 were good, I’ve had 50 EB and they were all amazing” etc etc

three pages in...

”well they sound different, I prefer them”

”well yes there is that”

”and the necks are really nice”

”well yes, but apart from the necks, the nice sound, the inventing the design etc - what has musicman ever done for us ?(before the messiah Earnie Ball showed us the true path?)”

6 minutes ago, Pappabass said:

There is one particular brand of bass I think it is ugly. Someone asked what we dont like about xxxxxxx. I said "it's just plain ugly" the moderator must play that brand!! So, I am banned!! 

Talk bass has so many banned members. Maybe that is why most people just stick to posting their own bass as the answer to every question and then recommending a tortoiseshell scratch plate on everything...

I got my copy before Christmas but as it was to be a present it went straight to the gifter for wrapping. 

I then got six books for Christmas so as with Ped, it's in the queue. Although I haven't started any yet and it might well be first. 

🙂👍