Why become a member? ×

GUS G3 4 string Active. Now SOLD
£3250
Bordon, Hampshire

grapevinebass

*** NOW SOLD ***

No longer for sale - a unique and truly magnificent 4 string bass.

Specification:

Neck:  Carbon fibre over maple

Finger board:  Tinted birdseye maple

Frets: 24

Body: Carbon fibre over cedar

Weight: 3.6kg

Extras to a 'normal' specification include:

Carbon fibre scratchplate, additional pickup, carbon fibre inlays.

A one off bass, reviewed in Bass Guitar Magazine back in March 2010.

So, why am I selling this amazing guitar? Have moved house and need funds. Also, band on hiatus and just not playing enough to justify having this unique masterpiece. Plus, it is not my go to guitar for a pub gig!

It is in excellent condition except for a couple of small dings. These have been professionally repaired, but a precise colour match was not possible as Simon Farmer created a unique colour for just this instrument. You have to look hard to find them but they are there. 

Collection preferred, so you can check it out first.  Definitely no sale out side of UK.

For full spec and more photos, paste the link below to your browser:

http://www.gusguitars.com/product.php?model_id=8

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4015.JPG

IMG_4014.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4013.JPG

Edited by grapevinebass
Now sold
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I've always liked GUS basses, but also they absolutely look like they are made out of steel modeling balloons! Especially with the strap button as the 'knots'.

As a fun fact, Simon built the last bass as ordered by Prince before he died. 

Would love to play one. 

• Like 1

Pickups are great - huge output. Custom design by GUS, in conjunction with John East.  First time I played this at church it sounded dreadful - then realised the hearing aid loop was resonating to the pickups, giving howls of feedback. Switched off loop and sounded silky smooth.

Not sure about construction details - lots on GUS website.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alembic1989 said:

That’s a beautiful bass..always wondered what those lipstick pickups sounded like.

Quite possibly the nicest-sounding bass I've ever played.

That comparison puts it up against Fender, Status, Lakland, Alleva Coppolo, Mike Lull, and Alembic.

I doubt if that's all down to the pickups, of course. The quality of the construction is superb and the materials used lend themselves to a wonderfully tight & punchy tone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thunderbird said:

Wish more builders would put the jack at the rear of basses it's so simple and makes so much sense 

Glwts 

I agree...this is a good execution....I'm able to fit wireless jack transmitter or cable_DSF1165.thumb.jpg.0c973fc0b3e623135841442d925281ce.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

Is this bass still available please?  I've only just joined the site hence the somewhat late request?

If so,  I'm definitely interested but would require a courier, which I'm happy to pay for of course, as I live in Edinburgh.

cheers

Richard

• 2 weeks later...