Why become a member? ×

Pink Floyd/Roger Waters

Lozz196

So, last night on Sky Arts I saw the Brian Johnson Meets programme, this week being Nick Mason. Was a good watch but there was one bit where Roger Waters played the bassline to Money and his sound/tone, well wow, just wow. Looked to be just his Precision going through a big Ashdown 8x10 combo. Clear, deep but defined, it was just - imo - awesome. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Deedee said:

Not sure if there’s another thread on it, but I’m just watching Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets which followed on after DSOT. 
Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt stripped back at the roundhouse. Very good so far 👍

...but noticeably sped up, as was TDSOT which was on before it.

It’s driving me nuts.

13 hours ago, Deedee said:

Not sure if there’s another thread on it, but I’m just watching Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets which followed on after DSOT. 

Watching it at the moment. Recorded it out of curiosity but it’s a lot better than I expected. Looks like GP is using his Bass Centre Betsy model on a couple of tunes. 

Just now, bassbiscuits said:

Watching it at the moment. Recorded it out of curiosity but it’s a lot better than I expected. Looks like GP is using his Bass Centre Betsy model on a couple of tunes. 

Yes and you can actually hear the bass for a change! I really enjoyed it and the band looked to be enjoying themselves too. Good to hear those songs played live. Fearless is a particular fave of mine.

15 hours ago, Deedee said:

Fleabag posted this on the Guy Pratt Lockdown Licks thread - seems appropriate to share here also as it features Floyd, Saucerful of Secrets and Ashdown!

• Like 3

On 21/11/2020 at 15:59, Lozz196 said:

So, last night on Sky Arts I saw the Brian Johnson Meets programme, this week being Nick Mason. Was a good watch but there was one bit where Roger Waters played the bassline to Money and his sound/tone, well wow, just wow. Looked to be just his Precision going through a big Ashdown 8x10 combo. Clear, deep but defined, it was just - imo - awesome. 

It is being shown again at midnight on Thursday if anyone wants to record it.

• Thanks 2

On 21/11/2020 at 17:23, 4000 said:

I’ve never understood the “woolly Ashdown” thing, except maybe with their lower end gear. When I had my Epifani and ABM heads, a/b’d through the same cab the Ashdown was far more alive. 

Agreed. The lower end Ashdown amps have never impressed me when comparing with similarly priced amps from other manufacturers but the more expensive Ashdown amps are amazing! Easily as good as anything out there. The only way they will have a woolly tone is if you either deliberately dial in a woolly tone or if you haven't got a clue what you're doing. Great amps!!!

• Like 1

I watched this last night but I didn’t see Rog playing live, apart from the Pompei footage, playing Echoes. When did it appear? IIRC there was a bit of the actual track Money, and a bit with Guy playing it. 

FWIW also watched the SOS gig, which I enjoyed. I thought Guy’s BC Betsy sounded pretty good.