Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Ken Lawrence Brase I - 5 strings
£3200
Timisoara, Romania

flaviusm

Due the lack of musical activity, I also have to put this bass up for sale. I'm sure I will regret, this is the best bass I ever touched (and I had a lot of them). I was very happy to buy it back this year, but I have no choice in these strange times.

Specs:

- Body: ash

- Top: cocobolo

- Neck: maple

- Fretboard: grenadilla, 24 frets, mother of pearls block inlays

- Scale length: 35"

- String spacing at bridge: adjustable, 19 mm now

- Pickups: Basslines (Seymour Duncan) soapbars

- Preamp: Seymour Duncan 3 band 9V

- Weight: 4.2 Kg on my bathroom scale

- Price: €3500 + shipping, fully insured (only €, please), used Mono Vertigo gig bag included (https://www.thomann.de/ro/mono_cases_vertigo_electric_bass.htm), not the soft case from the pictures, that is the case of my ex-KL6.

- Trading options - Spector or Warwick Streamer (only if I'll receive minimum €2000 difference), but try me, who knows... Please PM.

The bass is made in 12.01.2001 (serial no. 226) and is in excellent condition, let's say minimum 9/10 (some traces on the back of the body, almost invisible due to the ash grain). More pictures and sound/video clip by request.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Edited by flaviusm
  • Like 7

Lockdown amusement... Not show-off, only to hear the beast, I have not another sound clip.

The bass was recorded through a Rupert Neve Designs RNDI and was "altered" by a little bit of Darkglass overdrive (PC software). Pan pot at the middle, pseudo-passive mode (active pickups, no onboard preamp). Stainless steel Elixir strings, not very new. Brown hair, green eyes. :D

So, this is its sound when it's played aggressively. When caressed tenderly, purrs beautifully.

EU Metal League - This was my life ( Megadeth cover) - YouTube

Edited by flaviusm
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...