Why become a member? ×

SOLD WAL / Sims Enfield - one-off 4 string bass NEW price drop €6500 / sound samples added
£8000
Italy

Alberto Rigoni

Hello everyone!

Long story here but I will try to be synthetic.

Before Pete, owner of Wal, passed away in mid 2000, he started a project of a new bass together with Martin Sims of Enfield Guitars. After the death of Pete the project was put in  standby and only one year ago Martin Sims decided to complete it. When  I discovered that I purchased it, that was before Covid. Now after one year I received it but unfortunately due to financial issue I can't keep it so I have sadly to sell it. It looks and sounds gorgeous. Moreover is super versatile due to SIMS Super Quad Pickups and John East pre-amp. It's indeed absolutely UNIQUE. 

Here follows the features:

By Wal:
Body: Mahogany core with maple top & back
5 piece Maple neck
Super dark ebony fingerboard (24 frets)
Bridge
Polyester black finish
By Sims:
2 Sims Super quad pickups with 3 way switch for each pickup (single coil, series, parallel)
John East preamp (stacked knobs with gain and frequency control)
Front and dot side less (you can choose between just dot and both dot and front side through the switch).

Hard case included but not Wal.

IMG_9881.jpg

IMG_9882.jpg

IMG_9883.jpg

IMG_9884.jpg

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg

IMG_9888.jpg

IMG_9890.jpg

Edited by Alberto Rigoni
sound samples added
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, krispn said:

It’s screaming out for a demo video 🙂

Yes, agreed. Always the problem with unique instruments, no -one really knows what it’s like and I doubt anyone will take a punt at that price without more detail and some audio/video to support it. You haven’t even listed it’s weight.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2020 at 21:07, Rondoggy said:

Can you explain all the controls.

thanks

You have a 3 way switch for each pickup, so you can choose the internal wiring> series, parallel, single coil. 
then you have a switch for leds, dot and front side, dot only, off

John east preamp with 2 stacked knobs, on for gain the other for frequencies selection 

Any chance of that demo Alberto? I think it will really help your sale and you usually do great vids of gear!  Always wanted to know how much of the Wal tone was construction/pickup position and how much is the preamp/pickup.

1 hour ago, Kev said:

Any chance of that demo Alberto? I think it will really help your sale and you usually do great vids of gear!  Always wanted to know how much of the Wal tone was construction/pickup position and how much is the preamp/pickup.

Yes I will soon! Probably next week 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • ped locked this topic