Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Attitude Special ** SOLD **
£795
Hull

bassgurumonster

TRADE VALUE £795

Yamaha Billy Sheehan Attitude Special, made in Taiwan 1997, electric blue metallic. This was the fairly short-lived version of his signature 'Attitude' bass. These were made for a couple of years out of Taiwan and sold at a less eye-watering price than the MIJ models, while still featuring some classic Billy Sheehan features The neck is fairly slim with a 40mm nut; slightly bigger than a vintage style Jazz Bass but not as big as a traditional P. It's very slick in the hands; the satin finish and 12" radius make it pretty shred-friendly. The body is light and lively but still well balanced against the neck; there's no 'dive' to speak of. The pickup combo and electronics is unique: you get a standard P pickup with it's own volume knob but no tone knob, as well as the signature big passive HB in the neck, which also has a seperate volume as well as a tone control. Basically, you can start off with a juicy, growling P-style tone, then use the neck pickup to dial in a whole world of extra fatness and low-end punch. This shiny blue finish with the cheeky red inlays is seldom seen on this model; it looks terrific. This is a brilliant gigging bass. There are a couple on marks here and there but excellent condition for a 30yr old bass. Trade for Fender Nate Mendel.

Postage £25 uk.

20201120_102114.jpg

20201120_102239.jpg

20201120_102252.jpg

20201120_102349.jpg

Edited by bassgurumonster
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, bassgurumonster said:

Just to verify this has one  jack socket not two, 

That’s how I made it ☺️

The blue attitude is stunning. Bought several BS basses over the years.

Wish I could have this and my old BB714BS currently for sale on here...and the wife...

13 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

That’s how I made it ☺️

The blue attitude is stunning. Bought several BS basses over the years.

Wish I could have this and my old BB714BS currently for sale on here...and the wife...

You don't need the wife

6 minutes ago, bassgurumonster said:

Thanks mate. I used to work at Baddog Music in town. I might know you

That was a great shop.

My wife bought me a Levy strap from there and I still own it many years later. 

I went past a while ago and it still has the boss pedals sticker in the window.

Hull is a fairly small place ☺️