Why become a member? ×

So, you're the headline act and...

NancyJohnson

22 hours ago, Pukie said:

Since this has become an Intro thread, sort of , it doesn’t get better than this..

Still totally awesome. For me, every day is just a bit brighter with some Rush and if there’s some comedy thrown in, all the better.

• Like 1

The first band that I played bass for was called Cymex. It was a brand of industrial vacuum cleaner. One of our number had a vinyl promotional single that had some dramatic music which had over the top of it "FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE! THE CYMEX ARE COMING!". So we played that in the twenty seconds prior to coming on stage. Oh, hang on. Twenty MINUTES?

I think I'd go for the Game of Throne theme these days.

11 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

so do you do any GG songs?

We discussed it and decided not to play GG songs in the set.  Shame as he had some great Glam songs but not sure how they would go down at a gig.

Personally i don't have an issue playing them as he was an integral part of that era but disgusted with what he did and there's no getting away from that.

I have toyed with the idea of learning one and before we play it ask the audience if they have any issues. If not we do it and if anyone objects we dont. If we get more of a positive feedback on it i'd be ok playing it.

We do Glitter Band songs tho.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

33 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

We discussed it and decided not to play GG songs in the set.  Shame as he had some great Glam songs but not sure how they would go down at a gig.

Personally i don't have an issue playing them as he was an integral part of that era but disgusted with what he did and there's no getting away from that.

I have toyed with the idea of learning one and before we play it ask the audience if they have any issues. If not we do it and if anyone objects we dont. If we get more of a positive feedback on it i'd be ok playing it.

We do Glitter Band songs tho.

Dave

I've seen the Glitter band a couple of times (both versions) and the GG songs have always gone down a storm, great songs you never hear anymore, but I suppose the crowd went along sort of expecting them

• Like 1

Some instrumental mariachi music or similar, quiet at first and creating a build up especially over the last minute or two, to make it clear that... it's coming. Then lights on, pyro, band comes in at once on a fast paced tune... (ska)

I don't know, ask me tomorrow again for a different answer ;)

• Haha 1

I'm in a New Wave and Punk covers band. I'd avoid anything in the same genre.

If I didn't need to get approval from the rest of the band, I'd go for some reggae (a la Roxy) and, put a funk in too. the 10 mins would go:

- Cross The Tracks (Maceo Parker )

- Another One Bites the Dust (Clint Eatwodd and General Saint)

- Cocaine in my Brain (Dillinger)

• Like 1

On 20/11/2020 at 16:48, Lozz196 said:

Both written by Laurie Johnson, wonder how many other TV themes he wrote

@Lozz196 quite a few - 12 others according to Wikipedia including 'Animal Magic' and a lot of film scores including 'Dr Strangelove'.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurie_Johnson

PS.  What's headlining?  😀😀😀

Edited by TorturedSaints
Added witticism