Why become a member? ×

So, you're the headline act and...

NancyJohnson

...in that delicious ten or fifteen minutes before you hit the stadium stage, what would the playlist be thundering from the PA prior to lights out?

My wife posed this to me earlier and I profess I became somewhat giddy thinking about this and wished I was 25 years younger and playing a 5000 seater.  I ummed and aahed a bit before saying, 'Girl band stuff.'  For a guy who's played in punky bands for his entire life, I guess this was an eye-opener for me as well as my wife.

So here goes.  You've paid your money for a Lizard Sweets ticket, sat through a dreadful support band (or two):

Pure Shores - All Saints,
The Promise - Girls Aloud,
Stop - Spice Girls, and finally,
Up Town Top Rankin' - Althea & Donna (lights off about a minute from the end, keep it playing to build expectation), and we're off. 

Let's hear yours!

Edited by NancyJohnson
  • Like 2

Well, in 2 entirely different bands than I’m in now, songs that stood out immediately before we went on were “Go With The Flow” by QOTSA, which really got the adrenalin going in a good way, and Rainbow Child by Dan Reed Network, which always puts me in a very, very happy place. I think the one that worked best for the audience though was Little Fluffy Clouds by the Orb, which got absolutely everyone on the dance floor (was in an indie funk band at the time - early ‘90s - and they stayed there for the whole set). 

I think Karate by Babymetal would do it for me now. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul S said:

my ex band toyed with the idea of this but we never got round to it in the end:

At the Rebellion Festival last year they played the theme to The Long Good Friday as intro music to a few bands and I thought that was good, but the above would top that imo.

• Like 1