Why become a member? ×

3 Leaf Octavbre....

knicknack

19 minutes ago, knicknack said:

@Quatschmacher I've just cancelled my order... sadly it looks like nothing is coming out of Spencer in the near future, or at all, and it seems Bass Direct feel the same. Couldn't have that kind of money tied up in thin air anymore! Original OC-2 back on the board!

And your board is probably better for it!  What is the main reason you were looking to move from the OC-2?

4 minutes ago, knicknack said:

@Kev For me I love having the Sub solo switch, which I had on my COG T-47, and the opportunity to have all of this and a bit of extra volume on tap in such a small case was worth trying! 

Did you consider an OC-5? Nails the OC-2 sound whilst providing improved tracking and additional octave up. And all for a fraction of the price of some of the other other OC-2 clones! 

But I guess if you already have an OC-2 and you're happy with it, then probably no real point? 

@Al Krow I did indeed... tested them all very thoroughly and filmed a bit of it for anyone who was considering the same options! OC-2 still my favourite but reports from owners i know say that the 3Leaf Mk3 is really cracking. OC-5 was fine, but just lacked a little something fun for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, knicknack said:

@Quatschmacher I've just cancelled my order... sadly it looks like nothing is coming out of Spencer in the near future, or at all, and it seems Bass Direct feel the same. Couldn't have that kind of money tied up in thin air anymore! Original OC-2 back on the board!

Yeah, I’ve been toying with cancelling mine too. I might do that now. 

6 hours ago, knicknack said:

@Al Krow I did indeed... tested them all very thoroughly and filmed a bit of it for anyone who was considering the same options! OC-2 still my favourite but reports from owners i know say that the 3Leaf Mk3 is really cracking. OC-5 was fine, but just lacked a little something fun for me. 

What strings are on the black 70s P? Labella 760FL or Thomastik Jazz flats? It sounds lush.

• Like 1