Why become a member? ×

Sold. Rare Yamaha Billy Sheehan BB714BS
£400
Darlington

karlfer

Gutted but I need to get some money. It's taken me years to finally get one of these but I now REALLY need to sell a few things.

These have been long discontinued apart from a very short run about 5 years ago. There is currently a used one in Sweden, on Reverb, at a very ambitious £681 +£93 delivery!

Excellent condition apart from 3 cymbal nibbles & 1 little scratch on the back. Strings are a little tired.

Vol/vol/master tone (with push/pull treble cut for full fat neck woofer), from brown note to R**********r -esque clank. 9lb 5oz, lovely fast 40mm nut, neck like a Nate Mendel. Beautifully built.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/el_basses/bb714bs/index.html#product-tabs

Feedback linked after photos.

Will courier for extra £44 (£18 + VAT of that is insurance). UK mainland or organise your own collection. Or collection from Darlington.

Sorry, no trades. No gigbag or case included in price (extra £20 for basic Ritter gigbag if required).

Cheers,

Karl.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, karlfer said:

Thanks guys, reluctant sale but I've had more interest in this in a few hours than I've had in the Fender Japan in nearly a week.

Yeah, totally get this will turn more than a few heads! 

GLWTS 

• Like 1

I've just found a user review online written by Stanley Unwin I think, or possibly Yoda. Hope it helps with the sale Karl:

made in Indonesia
the bias of this bass, it is placing a very humbucker in the neck, which, with a pitch to zero and the bass boost engaged, the bass can get very powerful and profofs. to repeat, I am sometimes Arriv gourrer a semitone so the sound is round. impressive. it is the most versatile mic, which reveals its qualities in the midrange when increasing the tone. bass boost off, we are still closer to the microphone simple it remains confined to mediums. combining the two is interesting with the tone at background, push-pull to switch from one register to another sound.
I think that with a fingerstyle mics do not restore the slamming that one feels "empty". but if you slappez, or play with a pick, I think we find it easily.

large) mechanical bridge: the solid.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry @Thunderbird I cocked the quote bit up.

"Nice bass Karl 

Not sure if you know but the insurance for 99 percent of courier's will not be valid if the bass is not in a hardcase for shipping it'll be in the small print somewhere glwts mate "

UPS do cover it, however if I'm booking ANY courier for a buyer, my main concern is insuring against it getting LOST, where they must pay out, providing you have an evidential trail.

I was screwed for a Musicman years ago and lost the bass & £600.

IF THE BUYER wishes to cut the cost on courier that is THEIR decision. They want the convenience of me doing it, it's on my terms.

Few basses get trashed by couriers (unlike cabs, that's always a no-no for me) especially if I have wrapped them up.

Edited by karlfer

22 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Sorry @Thunderbird I cocked the quote bit up.

"Nice bass Karl 

Not sure if you know but the insurance for 99 percent of courier's will not be valid if the bass is not in a hardcase for shipping it'll be in the small print somewhere glwts mate "

UPS do cover it, however if I'm booking ANY courier for a buyer, my main concern is insuring against it getting LOST, where they must pay out, providing you have an evidential trail.

I was screwed for a Musicman years ago and lost the bass & £600.

IF THE BUYER wishes to cut the cost on courier that is THEIR decision. They want the convenience of me doing it, it's on my terms.

Few basses get trashed by couriers (unlike cabs, that's always a no-no for me) especially if I have wrapped them up.

No problem mate I just didn't want to see a courier try to wriggle out of things incase something happened to the bass 

Anyway its a corker glwts mate 

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic