Why become a member? ×

Stanley Clarke's Bass Nation

vStrings

Well the production value is unsurprisingly high, and it's nice to see a solo Lopsy Lu. And Clayton Cameron is brilliant.

But some of it grates, eg here's my shiny red sports car with a double bass rammed in the back seat. HERE ARE. SOME SALIENT POINTS. I AM TRYING. TO. MAKE. The vintage video effect over the Stan/Cam section. 

I love Stanley. That's my start-point. As for 'Bass Nation' I enjoyed it. I think the theme, 'Be prepared' was pretty widely interpreted to mean anything, particularly in terms of producers hiring you. Ironically, I think Stanley stands a a voice who would never get hired except to be himself. I agree with earlier posters who said CDP was a monster!. Didn't really get the sports car segment. So an uneven experience for me regards the video. Can't help liking him tremendously though from my first Clarke-Duke concert in the '80s when he got bass players out of the audience to jam with him. Not me - too nervous but some guy gave him a run for his money!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, visog said:

I love Stanley. That's my start-point. As for 'Bass Nation' I enjoyed it. I think the theme, 'Be prepared' was pretty widely interpreted to mean anything, particularly in terms of producers hiring you. Ironically, I think Stanley stands a a voice who would never get hired except to be himself. I agree with earlier posters who said CDP was a monster!. Didn't really get the sports car segment. So an uneven experience for me regards the video. Can't help liking him tremendously though from my first Clarke-Duke concert in the '80s when he got bass players out of the audience to jam with him. Not me - too nervous but some guy gave him a run for his money!

Aye i remember Stanley pulling folk up onstage aswell at Edinburgh Odeon...good days never mind school days