Why become a member? Ɨ

Heaven knows he's miserable now!! ;-)

cetera

Morrissey:Ā Please, please, please let me get what I want

BMG: You are a charming man and a handsome devil, but money changes everything, so we have to drop you now.

Morrissey: May I ask, how soon is now?

BMG: That joke isn't funny anymore.

Morrissey: Well I wonder, what difference does It make? I donā€™t own you anything!

BMG: Bigmouth strikes again. Donā€™t panic, youā€™ve got everything now.

Morrissey: Ok, I know itā€™s over.Ā šŸ˜Ž

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I do think the man has a point regarding free speech being slowly eradicated in this country unless you are left wing. I dont really rate much of his stuff after the 90s but the Smith's were a fantastic band. Morrissey always comes across as very bitter and passive aggressive in interviews. I'm sure he has enough money to survive though.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, YouMa said:

I do think the man has a point regarding free speech being slowly eradicated in this country unless you are left wing. I dont really rate much of his stuff after the 90s but the Smith's were a fantastic band. Morrissey always comes across as very bitter and passive aggressive in interviews. I'm sure he has enough money to survive though.

Because so much of what right wingers think is free speech is actually hate speech.Ā 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Because so much of what right wingers think is free speech is actually hate speech.Ā 

That is your opinion. Other people are allowed their opinions regardless of you deeming them to be morally right or wrong.Ā 

Edited by YouMa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, YouMa said:

That is your opinion. Other people are allowed their opinions regardless of you deeming them to be morally right or wrong.Ā 

No, there are laws against hate speech. Anway, we're breaking forum rules here and don't want to get the thread locked (robbing our freedom of speechĀ B|).

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

No, there are laws against hate speech. Anway, we're breaking forum rules here and don't want to get the thread locked (robbing our freedom of speechĀ B|).

Agree, keep it coolĀ here and rather tell me how many Smiths songs I smuggled into my previous postĀ šŸ˜‰

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, YouMa said:

Morrissey is his own worst enemy which is a shame and I think it was probably him who caused a lot of the friction in The Smith's. Andy Rourke is a great bass player.

Def, Andy Rourkes basslines were very melodic, and he had a great sound/tone as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

From the article:
"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race ā€“ does this make everyone racist?ā€

Ā 

I love it when bigots out themselves without even realising it, what a plank.

I did wonder how heā€™d reached that conclusion, did he conduct a worldwide poll?