Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1978

andy67

Going to go out on a limb and say that even IF the neck was genuine (to which I have my doubts) the body is either a Mighty Mite or Warmoth. I can remember looking into buying a P body a few years back and seeing a finished one available from either Mighty mite or Warmoth in that exact burst (remember it because I hated the colour)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, andy67 said:

I think the decal is suspect and never seen an orange burst effect on a fender p. 

Agreed the decal is way too high up, but the colour just looks like a Sienna Burst with an overly saturated photo.

But if it was all genuine, isn't that really expensive for a 78 fretless P? I mean, is that the going rate for a late 70s P now?

edit: No, Sienna burst wasn't intro'd until 79

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Agreed the decal is way too high up, but the colour just looks like a Sienna Burst with an overly saturated photo.

But if it was all genuine, isn't that really expensive for a 78 fretless P? I mean, is that the going rate for a late 70s P now?

edit: No, Sienna burst wasn't intro'd until 79

I did find a 78 that was sold at The Bass Gallery with the decal in that unusual position - maybe the decal guy had smoked a bit too much weed that week..