Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Metro PJ5 Translucent White (Withdrawn)
£1700
nr. Brighton

mark@seeker

Sadowsky MV PJ5 - £1,700 (excl. condition)

I bought this new in 2009. It's been my no.1 bass for over a decade and kept in stunning condition. It's a beautiful translucent white finish, so you can see the woodgrain really nicely. Just a few scratch marks on the scratch plate and natural slight wear to the back of the bass, but overall in excellent condition as you can see in the pictures. Happy to send any more pictures directly for anyone seriously interested.

I don't have all the official measurements now, but it's got an ash wood body, maple neck, 5 string. I have kept it for so long as I was so happy with how the sound just found its place in the mix so effortlessly and never needed to dial in any frequencies to compensate. All the FOH engineers I worked with always commented on how they didn't need to do anything to the signal. I love this bass, but I feel it's time to move on, so happy for this to find a new home now.

IMG_8685.jpg.ab9e1b02ca7bb2656730ec4c65e3c00c.jpg IMG_8686.jpg.b8252ac5c3c75d42f6e19dca7f678213.jpgIMG_8687.jpg.ae145076a56202ffbaf31ff67f0f8a93.jpg

Edited by mark@seeker
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, OliverBlackman said:

Phwoar! @Al Krow didn’t you want one of these?

Lovely bass! And thanks for remembering me on this one, chaps. I have, however, just a few weeks back scratched my active PJ 5er itch and I'm now happily sorted on that score. 

GLWTS 

Hi All.

Sometimes it's only when you put something up for sale that you realise the level of sentimental value it holds. I've literally played all gigs in the last 11 years on this bass. And as my wife helpfully pointed out, if I died she'd keep the bass because of all the memories it holds, but if I got a new one, she'd just sell it. 😂 So i'm withdrawing this one.

But... if you fancy a Lakland PJ4 - then I have one of those that I only got last year and holds no sentimental value, so that one is for sale!

Best Rgds,

Mark

• Like 6

• ped locked this topic