Why become a member? ×

!!! TRADED !!! ACG Finn R Type Fretless 5 Custom Spec Level, November 2014, £1895 GBP delivered (see ad) !!!
£1895
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

ACG Finn R Type Fretless 5 Custom Spec Level, November 2014.

ONLY POSSIBLE TRADE : LEDUC U-BASSE FRETLESS 6 !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1895 GBP !!! (new price is way more than £3000 GBP and some time to have it finished..)

Fully working and in excellent condition.

Here are the specifications :

Body  : black limba

Top and back : thick flamed redwood with two black accent veneers

Neck : set in with a small tone block of Macassar ebony, 5 pieces of, from center to external side, Macassar ebony, ash and wenge (asymmetrical profile and fast neck, think JP Basses or MTD)

Fingerboard : thick (7 mm) flat radius acrylic impregnated Birdseye maple with a black accent veneer

Positions : 26 with partial fret lines and Luminlay side dots (Luminlay torch delivered with)

Headstock : angled 3 + 2 shape with flamed redwood top and back and two black accent veneers

Pickups : 2 x ACG FB humbuckers

Preamp : ACG EQ-02 with 2 passive tones (47 nF TAD Mustard capacitors)

Controls : volume + blend (stacked), low pass filter with frequency + cut/boost (stacked), high pass filter with frequency + cut/boost (stacked), passive neck pickup tone, passive bridge pickup tone and red battery control LED (the other small circuit inside the cavity)

Tuners : Gotoh Res-O-Lite GB-350

Bridge : Hipshot "A" Style

Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm

Nut : ebony

Strings spacing at nut : 9 mm

Knobs : ACG-East

Scale : 35 inches

Hardware colour : black

Truss rod : one double action

Finish : satin finish that has become shiny over the years

Land of craftsmanship : United Kingdom (Scotland)

Serial number : 0172

Year : November 2014

Weight : 4.535 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th position (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original Hiscox hard case (2 keys inside), a set of Dunlop black Straplok (used) and the Luminlay torch.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has received a new battery and has been fitted with a brand new set of La Bella White Nylon Tape Wound 750T-B-XL strings (50 - 65 - 85 - 105 - 135T).

Certainly one of the best fiver fretless around. Top luthier build quality (Alan Cringean is in the top ten, for sure) and a sound to die for. The neck is a pleasure to play and the sound has tons of mwah. The original preamp was an ACG EQ-01 (there's a mistake on the website confirmed by Alan himself), then @Bass Wielder put a John East Uni-Pre and I removed it to put an ACG EQ-02 so I had the opportunity to put two (2) passive tones with oiled paper capacitors that are softening a bit the very fast attack, but maintaining the long decay. And you still can use the two filters to tailor your sound. The La Bella White Nylons are simply perfect for this bass (and any fretless, by the way) as they allow you to make very fast slides and also small accents with dramatic effect. There is absolutely no neck diving.

I'm only selling it due to my health problems as it's really too heavy for my broken back.

Link to this very ACG page : http://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0172-finn-r-type-fretless-5/

Link to the ACG EQ-02 : http://www.acguitars.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/ACG_EQ02_4k_2019.pdf

Link to the La Bella strings fitted : https://www.labella.com/strings/category/5-string-white-nylon-tape-bass/

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles and light to see the excellent condition of this bass. Some very minor scratches and very small dings impossible to photograph.

Here is the link to the 40 photos in high resolution, plus some of the work in progress : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qhK_Y1nDnNGNQTiiCOhmMB4VhU6qbk_l?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 14